Centrally located on campus, Our Lady of Mercy Chapel is a sacred space that realizes the long-held dream of the many Sisters of Mercy who have served Salve. Consecrated in 2010, the chapel offers regular services and allows graduates and community members to celebrate their weddings on campus in a religious setting.
The building's spacious first floor houses both the chapel and an interfaith prayer room, designed to provide a quiet space for prayer and meditation for people of all faiths. The Mercy Center for Spiritual Life, located on the lower level, provides ample space for student activities, fellowship and offices for campus ministers.
Designed by award-winning architect Robert A.M. Stern, the chapel's stone and shingle exterior complements the historic architecture of Salve's Ochre Point neighborhood. Features include a set of 13 leaded opalescent glass windows created by renowned artist John La Farge and a bell tower housing three 1910 bells cast by the Meneely Bell Company.