Aug. 31 to Sept. 3, 2020
Please note: In light of the coronavirus pandemic, the start date of International Student Orientation may change. You will be notified of any changes via email. When you arrive in the United States, it is likely that you may be asked to quarantine for 14 days. We are making plans to assist you should this requirement go into effect. Once the Orientation date is confirmed, you should plan to arrive at least 14 days early. Take note of any airline refund, change or cancellation fees when you book your travel.
The Office of International Programs is excited to welcome you to Salve Regina. International Student Orientation (ISO) is a program specifically designed for new or transferring undergraduate international students, exchange students and U.S. citizens who grew up overseas. There is no Orientation for families.
ISO ends in time for students to join Salve Regina's new student Orientation on Friday, Sept. 4.
ISO is free – there is no fee to attend. Meals will be planned by the Office of International Programs or international peer advisers, and occasionally may require cash.
Students participating in ISO live together during the Orientation period and are granted early move-in to their permanent (or academic year) residence halls on the last day of ISO. There is no additional fee, and you will not require a move-in permit.
Please note: Students attending ISO may not stay with their families in their hotel.
Students will see and experience something new, informative and exciting each day. Past activities have included:
- Informative sessions on topics such as campus life, academics and U.S. classroom culture
- Tours of downtown Newport and the campus
- Shopping trips in Newport and surrounding areas (to include Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Best Buy)
- Bonfire and s’mores on the beach
Arrival and Check-In
Students arriving for Orientation may take advantage of free shuttle service to the Salve Regina campus from a pickup location at the Amtrak station in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Mandatory international Orientation: Monday, Aug. 31 to Thursday, Sept. 3
- Orientation for all new students: Friday, Sept. 4
- Classes begin: Wednesday, Sept. 9
- Last day of exams for fall 2020 semester: Saturday, Dec. 19
- Last day of exams for spring 2021 semester: Saturday, May 1, 2021