The Higher Education Opportunity Act (Public Law 110-315) was enacted Aug. 14, 2008, and reauthorizes the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended. The links below provide our website visitors with the consumer information required by the law. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required for some of the information links.
To access textbook information, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the schedule of classes.
- Choose term from the drop-down list.
- Choose subject and course level (if applicable).
- Click "Submit."
- Once the results page loads, click on the appropriate section name/title link (a new window will open).
- Click on the link "Click here for prices of required textbook(s) and supplies."
If you have any issues accessing this information, please contact the Technology Services Center at (401) 341-7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salve Regina is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (formerly the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc).
- The visual arts programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
- The nursing programs are accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing's Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and are also approved by the Rhode Island Nurse Registration and Nursing Education Board.
- The business studies programs are accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
- The rehabilitation counseling programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs.
- The social work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- The early childhood, elementary, secondary and special education programs are approved by the Rhode Island Department of Education.
Those who are interested in obtaining or reviewing documents describing Salve Regina’s institutional accreditation should contact the Office of the Provost. Those who are interested in obtaining or reviewing documents describing department or program accreditation, approval or licensing should contact the respective department chair.
Comments about the conduct of the University may be addressed to NECHE at neche.org/for-the-public/comments-complaints/. Individuals may also contact the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education, New England Commission of Higher Education, 3 Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 100, Burlington MA 01803, (781) 425-7700, email@example.com.
Salve Regina is authorized to offer online education under the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements, which covers 54 states and U.S. territories and is administered by four regional education compacts. Salve Regina is a member of the New England Board of Higher Education compact. To learn more, visit salve.edu/graduate-studies/online-studies/state-authorization.
Title II of the Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions of higher education to submit annual reports to the Rhode Island Department of Education that provide basic information on the programs offered at the institution, how well students perform on initial state certification test requirements and whether the institution has been classified as low-performing.
Office of Financial Aid
100 Ochre Point Ave.
Newport, RI 02840
Toll-free: (888) GO-SALVE
Office: (401) 341-2901
Fax: (401) 341-2928
- Undergraduate student financial aid
- Satisfactory academic progress
- Graduate student financial aid
- Undergraduate financial aid data
- Federal and state grants
- Financing options
- National Student Loan Data System
- Direct loan exit counseling
- Perkins and nursing loan exit counseling
- Private education loan disclosures
- Students convicted of possession or sale of drugs
- Code of conduct for financial aid professionals
- First to second year retention rates
- Six-year graduation rates
- Graduation rates disaggregated by financial aid category
- First destination outcomes report
Licensure and Pass Rates
- Applied behavior analysis: Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Education programs: Praxis Series
- Nursing (undergraduate): National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX)
- Nursing (graduate): American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB)
- Rehabilitation counseling: Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, requires Salve Regina to make a good faith effort to make voter registration forms widely available. It is important that you exercise your right to vote.
- Voter registration information
- National voter registration form
- Rhode Island Board of Elections
- Rhode Island voter registration form
Salve Regina sends voter registration information to current students via email on an annual basis.