Residence Halls

From traditional residence halls to architecturally significant buildings, our students have the opportunity to live in a variety of unique housing options situated throughout our historic campus. Ocean views, fireplaces and grand staircases are common features of our residential landscape.

Students residing on campus can easily access downtown Newport on foot or via public transportation. Steeped in history, diversity and religious tolerance, today's Newport is a tourist mecca, with shops, restaurants, museums, galleries and sporting events permeating this "City by the Sea."

First Year Housing

Hunt Hall

Built by Salve Regina in 1987, Hunt Hall is a traditional residence hall accommodating students in triples, quads and quints. Each floor is co-ed by room, with a laundry room on the first floor. Designed by the architectural firm of Robinson Green Beretta, Hunt Hall reflects the Queen Anne style common to many houses in the area.

Miley Hall

A traditional residence hall, Miley Hall also houses the cafeteria, bookstore and offices for the Center for Student Development, Counseling Services, Health Services and Student Affairs. Students are housed on three floors, with males on the first floor and females on the second and third floors.

Reefe Hall

Built by Salve Regina in 1987, Reefe Hall is a traditional residence hall accommodating students in triples, quads and quints. Each floor is co-ed by room, with a laundry room on the first floor. Designed by the architectural firm of Robinson Green Beretta, Hunt Hall reflects the Queen Anne style common to many houses in the area.

Walgreen Hall

Opened in 2003, Walgreen Hall provides suite-style living arrangements and also contains a wing for the offices of Career Development, Multicultural Programs and Retention and Residence Life. Housing up to 11 students, each suite has a private bathroom. Floors are co-ed by suite, and residents share the laundry room with Miley Hall.

Upperclassmen Housing

134 Webster St.

134 Webster St., the former carriage house and stables for several Ochre Point estates, accommodates 19 students in apartment-style housing. Built in the 1890s, 134 Webster features a mix of singles, doubles and quads.

204 Ruggles Ave.

20 Ruggles Ave., a clapboard, mansard-roofed house built in 1890, accommodates seven students. Acquired by Salve Regina in 2007, the four-bedroom home includes one single and three doubles.

26 Lawrence Ave.

26 Lawrence Ave., a shingled ranch house built in 1953, accommodates eight students. Acquired by Salve Regina in 2009, the five-bedroom home includes three singles, one double and one triple.

74 Victoria Ave.

74 Victoria Ave., a shingled ranch house built in 1955, accommodates five students. Acquired by Salve Regina in 2003, the three-bedroom home includes one single and two doubles.

80 Victoria Ave.

80 Victoria Ave., a shingled ranch house built in 1952, accommodates five students. Acquired by Salve Regina in 1998, the three-bedroom home includes one single and two doubles.

87 Victoria Ave.

87 Victoria Ave., a brick ranch house built in 1890, accommodates 10 students. Acquired by Salve Regina in 2008, the five-bedroom home includes one single, three doubles and one triple.

Carnlough Cottage

Carnlough Cottage serves as the Language House living learning community, which provides students with a French or Spanish immersion experience while living on campus. The five-bedroom home accommodates 10 students.

Carolyn House

Carolyn House, the former carriage house for the Ochre Lodge estate, accommodates 14 students in seven double rooms. The property was given to Salve Regina in 1966 by Anita O'Keeffe Young, sister of American painter Georgia O'Keeffe.

Conley Hall

Conley Hall, located near campus on Gammell Road, accommodates 45 students in a mix of singles, doubles, triples and quads. Originally known as Faxon Lodge, Conley was built in 1903 for N.Y. stockbroker Frank Sturgis.

Fairlawn Apartments

Fairlawn Apartments accommodates 22 students in five apartments. Formerly the carriage house for Andrew Ritchie’s Fairlawn estate, the structure was designed by architect Seth Bradford and completed in 1853.

French Cottage

French Cottage, a historic home located on Ruggles Avenue, accommodates eight students in two doubles and one quad.

Founders Hall

Founders Hall accommodates 35 students in singles, doubles, triples and quads. Designed by the famed architectural firm of Peabody & Stearns, Founders was once the main residence for the Althorpe estate.

Graystone Cottages

Built in 2008, Graystone Cottages accommodates 40 students in apartment-style housing. Located on Lawrence Avenue, Graystone includes eight apartments featuring a mix of singles, doubles and triples.

Moore Hall

Moore Hall accommodates 35 students in singles, doubles, triples and one eight-person room. The historic home reflects the Queen Anne style, combining design details from the 17th and 18th centuries.

Narragansett Hall

Located on Narragansett Avenue, Narragansett Hall accommodates 44 students in a mix of singles, doubles, triples and quads. Built around 1860, the Colonial Revival home was designed by local architect George Champlin Mason.

Narragansett I and II

Located on Ward Avenue, Narragansett I and II are historic homes that accommodate 11 students in a mix of singles and doubles.

Nethercliffe

Nethercliffe accommodates 38 students in apartment-style housing, featuring singles, doubles, triples and one six-person room. The home was architect Richard Morris Hunt’s last Newport house designed in the Stick style.

Nethercliffe Carriage House

Nethercliffe Carriage House accommodates 13 students in apartment-style housing, featuring singles, doubles and triples. Completed in 1883, it was once part of the Nethercliffe estate.

Ochre Lodge

Ochre Lodge serves as the Multicultural House living learning community. Designed by renowned local architect Dudley Newton, this historic home accommodates 36 students in a mix of singles, doubles, triples and quads.

Stoneacre

Stoneacre accommodates 25 students in apartment-style housing. Completed in 1885, it was once the carriage house for the Stoneacre estate commissioned by N.Y. banker and railroad magnate John Ellis.

The Hedges

The Hedges accommodates 16 students in singles, doubles, triples and quads. Formerly the carriage house and stables for the Althorpe estate, it was designed by the famed architectural firm of Peabody & Stearns.

Wallace Hall

Wallace Hall, a Tudor Revival cottage completed in 1875, accommodates 52 students in a mix of singles, doubles, triples and quads. Wallace was once the carriage house and stables for the Fairholme estate.

William Watts Sherman House

One of the greatest treasures of Salve’s campus, William Watts Sherman House accommodates 81 students. Completed in 1875, it is one of America’s earliest examples of Queen Anne architecture.

Young Building

Young Building accommodates 50 students in the Pell Honors Program. The Queen Anne mansion once known as Fairlawn was commissioned by Boston lawyer Andrew Ritchie and designed by architect Seth Bradford.

 

Social Media Hub

Facebook icon
Instagram icon
Twitter icon
YouTube icon
Vimeo icon
LinkedIn icon
RSS icon