- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday by appointment only.
- Health Services is available for both in-person and telehealth appointments. No walk-in appointments will be available until further notice.
- Closed during the summer and holiday breaks.
Health Services is open to all full-time undergraduate students. There is no additional cost to be seen at Health Services, as this is included in your student service fee. Services are provided by a team of nurse practitioners and support staff. Fifth-year graduate students who wish to utilize Health Services should call the Business Office at (401) 341-2900 for more information.
Off-campus services such as laboratory testing, prescriptions, radiology and specialist care will be billed to your health insurance. Before you arrive on campus:
- Call your insurance company to find out what off-campus services are covered in the state of Rhode Island.
- If you are on medication, you should continue to have your current prescriber or primary care provider renew your prescriptions and check in with them during school breaks.
- Clinicians can prescribe medications to students when they are seen at Health Services and medications can be picked up at a local pharmacy of their choice.
Health Services works with Newport Hospital to assist students during non-office hours. In emergency situations, students should go to the Newport Hospital emergency room or call 911 or the University's emergency line at (401) 341-2325.
Health Services is a confidential resource on campus, meaning that once you turn 18, staff are not allowed to discuss your health information with your family or other providers. If you have a medical emergency, the appropriate people will be notified. You may also choose to sign a release of information that allows Health Services to communicate with your family or other medical providers.