Our bachelor's degree in business administration brings together a broad range of business studies courses that prepare students to launch their careers in the business world, run a business or seamlessly pursue a higher academic degree in the field, such as the MBA.
Develop Your Proficiency
Coursework leading to the business administration degree introduces students to a wide range of business disciplines and develops their proficiency in such areas as accounting, applied technology, economics, communications, finance, marketing, organizational behavior, research and ethics. Our students gain knowledge and skills they can readily apply in the workforce as entrepreneurs, managers or supervisors.
Through our popular accelerated program, qualified undergraduates can earn their bachelor’s degree in business administration and a master’s degree in business administration, healthcare administration or innovation and strategic management within five years.
Life After Salve
Our graduates are qualified to enter the workforce as managers and leaders in many areas, including:
- Banking: Banks, credit unions, savings and loan associations, wholesale lenders, investments, Federal Reserve banks.
- Consulting: Research assistant, research associate, business analyst.
- Education: Recruitment, advising, registrar, alumni, finance.
- Finance: Accounting, auditing, financial analyst, budget analyst, personal financial advisor, buyer.
- Government: Local, state and federal offices, military contractors and installations.
- Human resource management: Retail stores, restaurants, hotels and other facilities, health care organizations, labor unions, educational institutions.
- Insurance: Insurance firms, insurance brokers, analysts.
- Management: Hotel, restaurant, spas, athletic facilities, retail stores, operations, production, self-employed, banks.
- Nonprofit: Management, assistants in education, medical facilities and associations (such as the American Heart Association), visiting nurse home care, social enterprises (Boys & Girls Clubs, YMCAs), museums, theaters, environmental organizations and many others.
- Real estate: Appraisal firms, apartment and condominium complexes, leasing offices, developers.
- Sales: Manufacturers, financial companies, insurance companies, software and technology.
- Sports: Sales, media, marketing, management.
Our graduates have acquired positions in organizations such as:
- Acadian Asset Management
- Arbella Insurance
- Brown Brothers Harriman
- Citizens Bank
- CVS Health
- IT Convergence
- MaineGeneral Health
- MassMutual Financial Group
- Naval Undersea Warfare Center
- Partners HealthCare
- Schneider Electric
- State Street Corporation
- UBS Financial Services