Salve Regina offers the Army Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) program in cooperation with the University of Rhode Island. Open to all undergraduate students, the Army ROTC program is usually completed in sequence over four years, but convenient options for three- and two-year programs are also available.
Designed to complement any undergraduate program, the military science electives offered through the Army ROTC program develop professional skills and prepare students for future leadership roles in the Army. Although enrollment does not constitute an obligation to join the Army, physically qualified U.S. citizens who complete the program are eligible to be commissioned. Delayed entry into active service for the purpose of graduate study is available.
Scholarships and Stipends
Scholarships are available on a competitive basis to qualified students. Scholarship recipients receive full tuition and fees per year, an annual book allowance of $1,200 and a $300-$500 monthly tax-free stipend. In return, scholarship recipients enter a contractual arrangement with the Army, agreeing to accept a commission as a second lieutenant. Students who receive this scholarship may not be eligible to receive any additional aid from the University.
Military Science Courses
- MSL101: Introduction to Leadership I
- MSL102: Introduction to Leadership II
- MSL201: Leadership and Military History
- MSL202: Leadership and Team Building
- MSL300: Leadership Training Internship
- MSL301: Advanced Leadership Management I
- MSL302: Advanced Leadership Management II
- MSL401: Adaptive Leadership
- MSL402: Adaptive Leadership in a Complex World