Study abroad scholarships aim to diversify students who wish to participate in a semester or academic year abroad and the countries/regions where they choose to study. Scholarship funds are awarded on the basis of academic merit, financial need, students' demonstrated maturity as responsible members of the Salve Regina community and information included with their completed scholarship applications.
Scholarship applications are available in students' ViaTRM traveler profile once they have been approved and are committed to a study abroad program. Eligible students may qualify to receive more than one scholarship as selected by the review committee. Not all scholarships are available every semester.
Students who are planning to study abroad for the first time and who hold a minimum GPA of 3.0 are eligible to apply for the following scholarships:
- Study Abroad Endowment Scholarship: General scholarship open to eligible semester study abroad students
- Jane Campbell Scholarship in Modern Languages: Open to eligible students who are declared language majors or minors
- Donaldson Trust Scholarship: Open to eligible students who elect to study abroad in Spanish-speaking countries
- API Study Abroad Scholarship: Open to eligible students who study abroad with a Salve Regina-recognized API program
- CIEE Study Abroad Scholarship: Open to eligible students who study abroad with a Salve Regina-recognized CIEE program
- Brendan McKay Scholarship in International Studies: General scholarship open to eligible spring semester study abroad students with a 2.7 GPA or higher and a passion for outreach and community service in the global community
Salve Regina does not endorse a specific scholarship database, program or fundraising website and encourages students to select the resource that best serves their financial needs.