We welcome service members, veterans and their eligible dependents and spouses to join our community of learners. Salve Regina is approved for veterans' benefits - including Yellow Ribbon benefits - and has been named a Military Friendly School, a designation awarded to the top 20 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools nationwide that are doing the most to embrace America's military service members, veterans and spouses as students and to ensure their success on campus.
V.A. Educational Benefits
Benefits may be provided to veterans of the armed services who have had active duty service, and are also available to children of deceased or disabled veterans. Department of Veterans Affairs enrollments are certified through the Office of the Registrar. For further assistance, visit the GI Bill® website or call (888) 442-4551.
- For certification questions, call the Office of the Registrar at (401) 341-2943
- For financial questions, call the Business Office at (401) 341-2900
- For additional means of funding, call the Office of Financial Aid at (401) 341-2901
Naval War College Articulation Agreement
Salve Regina has an articulation agreement with the Naval War College to provide credit exchange to its students. The University offers two types of benefits for War College students:
- War College students earning an 18-credit diploma may be eligible to transfer those credits into a master's degree program at Salve Regina. This means a 36-credit master's degree could be earned in just 18 credits.
- War College graduates and current students may earn a second master's degree from Salve Regina by completing at least 24 credit hours (eight graduate courses) at the University. Of the 24 credit hours required, six credits (two courses) may be free electives completed outside the War College degree plan or conferred degree. These six credits may be transferred from the War College with the approval of the graduate program director at Salve Regina.
For more information, email the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies at email@example.com.
Call to Active Duty
Students who receive orders for active military duty may request, in writing, a withdrawal or leave of absence from the University. In such cases, an original copy of the order should be presented to the Office of the Registrar.
A withdrawal or leave of absence without academic and financial penalty may be authorized, enabling students to receive grades of "W" and 100 percent refund of tuition and fees.
If circumstances permit, students may request alternatives, to be determined by the respective administrator in collaboration with course instructors. Some courses may lend themselves to an "Incomplete" grade for an extended period, or to completion via independent study. In these cases, refunds are prorated based on credits to be completed.