Opportunities for Students
Center for Business Outreach
We provide resources and opportunities for students to address real-world situations and business issues. Using various platforms, students enhance their classroom experience through special projects, internships and job shadowing, allowing them to gain knowledge and insight for starting, operating and marketing a business.
Ways to Get Involved
- Request a speaker from our "Ask the Experts" or "Ask an Alumni" speaker series.
- Check in with our executive in residence and entrepreneur in residence.
- Get to know us by attending "Pizza and Professors" and "Snack Chats" if you're a first-year student or sophomore.
- Include your experiential learning project on your resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Connect with speakers and alumni on LinkedIn. Ask to chat or meet up for coffee.
- Attend networking events on campus and inquire about activities off campus that will help define your career goals and introduce you to more people.
- Participate in internships that will help you gain new skills and explore different career paths. You can find internship postings on Handshake.
- Consider a study abroad program and join student organizations such as Options Trading Club, American Marketing Association, Accounting and Finance Club and Enactus.
- Visit the Office of Career Development for resume assistance and job-hunting advice.
- Volunteer with the Center for Community Engagement and Service.
Students who intern with the Center for Business Outreach are offered a unique view of the business world. Internships are ideal for students who are interested in working with entrepreneurs, nonprofits and small- to mid-size businesses.
- Connect with business owners who are interested in collaborating on classroom projects or in need of future interns and potential new hires.
- Attend meetings both on and off campus to help coordinate programs within the center, thus building their own relationships and network.
- Work independently, with the ability to use their creativity and ideas for marketing strategies, projects, survey design and resource materials.
- Utilize skills such as writing, marketing, customer service, market research, interpersonal communication, project management, event planning, collaboration, problem-solving and more.