To apply for financial aid, all new and returning students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Salve Regina's school code is 003411.
- You may sign the FAFSA electronically using the FSA ID and password you create through the Department of Education. Learn how to create an FSA ID.
- For September admission, the priority deadline to apply for financial aid is March 1.
- All verification documents are due by May 15.
- For January admission, students should file the FAFSA in November/December, as financial aid is awarded on a rolling basis.
- The FAFSA opens Oct. 1 for the following academic year.
- The FAFSA requires tax information from two years prior. For example, the 2022-2023 form asks for 2020 tax information. You are encouraged to use IRS data retrieval to ensure accurate information.
- You will receive a student aid report electronically or in the mail. This copy is for your records. Do not submit it to Salve Regina. We will receive your information electronically.
For Returning Students
Returning students who previously received financial aid must complete a renewal FAFSA. The priority deadline for the renewal FAFSA is also March 1. If you are applying for financial aid at Salve Regina for the first time, you must start a new FAFSA form.
Financial aid for returning students is awarded beginning in March each year. Students who do not complete the renewal FAFSA by March 1 may see a reduction of aid. Grades are reviewed at the end of each academic year. Students who are not maintaining satisfactory academic progress may have their financial aid suspended.
Salve Regina University reserves the right to request additional information, as necessary, to determine the type and amount of financial aid awards. Awards are subject to the availability of funding and regulations governing these funds.