The Service Advocates and Senior Service Advocates programs offer outstanding students the opportunity to participate in a yearlong civic engagement and service program, providing them with the knowledge, skills and experiences necessary to become active leaders.
Senior Service Advocates
The Senior Service Advocates program aims to create leaders in service through dedication, passion and motivation, and to inspire students to promote change throughout their time at Salve Regina. Highlighted by regular training, mentoring to undergraduate Service Advocates and reflection activities, Senior Service Advocates engage in valuable leadership experiences in the Aquidneck Island community and endeavor to promote a positive culture of service and civic engagement on campus.
- Participate in a one-day leadership training
- Co-organize one group service program or project each semester
- Plan, facilitate and lead a Service Advocate leadership retreat
- Plan, facilitate and lead one monthly breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Mentor a cohort of five Service Advocates
- Complete one office hour weekly in the Office of Community Service
- Share a culminating reflection of service at an end-of-the-year event