Counseling Services offers in-person sessions in our office, which is located in Miley Hall, Room 011 (garden level).
In order to schedule an in-person appointment, please confirm the following:
- You are a full-time undergraduate student.
- You are at least 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you will need a parent/guardian signature and our office coordinator will assist you with scheduling an appointment.
- You are adhering to the Salve Pledge and will not attend an in-person appointment if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (a fever of 100.4 or higher, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or loss of taste or smell).
If you are eligible, you may schedule an appointment by calling (401) 341-2919 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is not confidential and is not monitored 24 hours a day. Please be aware of your privacy and potential security risks associated with email communication.
Include the following information in your message:
- Name and cell phone number
- Type of appointment you are seeking
- Your available times between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please plan for 45 minutes for your first appointment.
Appointment notifications will be sent to your salve.edu email address and will include a link to our intake paperwork.
There is no cost to utilize Counseling Services and all services are confidential within the limits of the law and our professional ethics.
Please note that our standard of care is once every other week and we do have a session limit for the academic year. Most students that access Counseling Services tend to come in for less than our 15-session limit for the academic year.
If you are not eligible, please see the consultations and referrals tab on our homepage or email email@example.com to explore your options.
Types of Appointments
There are many reasons why you might seek support from Counseling Services. Our goal is to provide services that respect and support the ever-changing and unique needs and experiences of each individual. We make every effort to collaborate with you in planning treatment and provide flexible options to address the dynamic nature of your life experiences and schedule.
It is helpful to know your hopes and expectations prior to your appointment so we can best support you. It is important to us that you feel supported and affirmed.
- Initial intake (1.5 hours): For all new and returning students seeking brief or ongoing treatment.
- Follow-up appointment/individual session (45 minutes): For students who have completed an initial intake this academic year and want to begin brief or ongoing treatment.
- One-time consultation (15-45 minutes): For students seeking to access referrals off campus or resolve a specific matter which may not require brief/ongoing treatment.
- Urgent appointment (15-30 minutes): For students who require same-day consultation to address a matter needing immediate attention due to impending deadlines for personal decision-making or unexpected disruption to well-being due to a recent/present significant event.
If you are not sure what type of appointment would satisfy your needs, please do not hesitate to contact our office and allow us to assist you in identifying what could best suit your needs.