The Semester in Service program connects dedicated and motivated Salve Regina students with nonprofit organizations in need of long-term volunteers. Each semester, participants spend 12 weeks volunteering at the nonprofit organization of their choice. Transportation is provided to some service sites.
Semester in Service Locations
- Child & Family: Volunteers provide additional staff support in the early care and education center. Students work in classrooms with teachers to support all aspects of the day-to-day duties within an early childhood classroom setting.
- God’s Community Garden: Volunteers assist with daily tasks around the garden, including watering, harvesting and working in the greenhouses.
- Lucy’s Hearth: Volunteers assist with day-to-day operations such as preparing residents and the building for the weekend, organizing activities for children, preparing residents for move out, maintaining the donation room and child care.
- Potter League for Animals: Volunteers assist with daily morning cleaning, obedience training for dogs, training and socialization for cats, bunny socialization, clerical assistance, and outdoor projects such as landscaping and painting.
- Salvation Army: Volunteers assist with basic day-to-day duties.