Salve Regina participates in the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship program for international undergraduate students. The scholarships are available for any area of study and recognize students who have a vision for advancing intercultural learning and understanding at the University.
The scholarship covers at least 50 percent of the annual tuition and is renewable with satisfactory academic progress. Students who receive a merit scholarship with their offer of admission can have their merit award increased to cover at least 50 percent of tuition.
Students who fit the following eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply.
- Be a first-year international applicant to Salve Regina. An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- Demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- Apply for admission to Salve Regina using the Common Application and submit all required documents. (Salve Regina waives the application fee for international students.)
- Complete the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship application by March 1. The scholarship application requires a 500-1,000 word essay answering the following prompt: "Tell us about your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at Salve Regina."
- If awarded a scholarship, claim it by submitting the enrollment fee by May 1.
- Priority deadline to apply for admission: February 1
- Deadline to apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship: March 1
- Deadline to submit the enrollment deposit: May 1