Salve Regina has partnered with Apple and HP to offer several recommended laptops with extended warranties at a reduced cost. Designed to accommodate varying needs, this program aims to improve students’ learning experience and collaborative abilities. We provide comprehensive hardware and software repair services to students who purchase recommended laptops. Peripherals and consumables are not covered by the extended warranties.
Apple’s education store allows students and their families, faculty and staff to purchase computers, software, and select accessories at special prices. Orders can be shipped or held for pickup at your local Apple retail store.
Apple laptops include an AppleCare+ protection plan, which is a three-year hardware and software warranty and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage. Apple laptops are preloaded with Mac OS, which offers built-in defenses against viruses, and are compatible with Microsoft Office programs.
Connection is Salve Regina’s premiere HP education partner. Connection's education store allows students and their families, faculty and staff to purchase computers, software and accessories at a discounted price. Orders are shipped directly to your home.
HP laptops include a four-year hardware warranty, which provides hardware failure protection as well as an accidental damage protection plan. HP laptops are preloaded Windows 10, along with a robust software package that includes productivity software like Microsoft Office.
Added Value of Recommended Laptops
- The purchase price includes extended warranties and an educational discount, providing not just a savings on price but also peace of mind.
- Full-time students can download Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus for up to five personal machines. The package includes the basic elements students need to accomplish their work and tools to keep their computers safe and secure.
- On-campus services include software troubleshooting and maintenance, hardware repair and replacement, and whole unit replacement when necessary.
- Staff who are certified technicians have the ability to quickly troubleshoot any issues that arise while students are on campus.
- Participating students have access to the same technology as their instructors, who utilize this technology to produce new course materials and plan course activities.