You will meet with an academic advisor via phone or video conferencing to plan and register for your fall 2020 courses. You should complete the checklist on page 6 of the registration handbook prior to meeting with your academic advisor.
Your advising meeting will provide an opportunity to reflect on your interests and goals and begin the conversation about how the courses you select can build an academic foundation for your future. Exploratory/undeclared students will need to complete the pre-arrival interest form in order to register.
Registration is now open at portal.salve.edu. You are encouraged to register as soon as possible to secure seats in your top courses. Courses are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. You may change your schedule online at any time throughout the summer and the first week of classes.
Resources for New Students
Registration handbook: Provides information about academic advising, registration, Core Curriculum and major requirements, and information to assist you in launching your academic career at Salve Regina. As you prepare to register for fall 2020, please review the handbook and refer to the steps to complete prior to registering, registration guide and degree plan for your major.
How to accept fiscal responsibility: Provides step-by-step instructions to review and accept fiscal responsibility for your fall 2020 courses.
How to register for courses: Provides step-by-step instructions to select and register for your core and major courses. Degree plans for each major are available below. Refer to your degree plan to select major courses, core courses and a University Seminar section.
Core Curriculum overview: This is the approved list of courses that satisfy Core Curriculum requirements.
Undergraduate catalog: Each year, Salve Regina publishes academic catalogs that define University policies, such as requirements to graduate.
Programs of study: Defines all majors and minors available to undergraduate students.
AP credit guidelines: Salve Regina reviews AP credit as reports are received throughout the summer and notifies students via email of credit earned.
International Baccalaureate and college credit: Salve Regina reviews IB and transfer credit as official transcripts are received throughout the summer and notifies students via email of credit awarded. Please make arrangements to have an official transcript sent to the Office of the Registrar upon course completion. Electronic transcripts must be sent by the college or university to email@example.com; mailed transcripts must be sent to:
Salve Regina University
Office of the Registrar
100 Ochre Point Ave.
Newport, RI 02840
Questions? Contact your summer advisor or the Office of the Registrar at (401) 341-2943 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
These degree plans outline suggested courses by semester to aid in planning for current and future semesters.
- Administration of justice
- American studies
- Art history
- Biology (B.A.)
- Biology (B.S.)
- Biology and secondary education
- Business administration
- Chemistry (B.A.)
- Chemistry (B.S.)
- Chemistry and secondary education
- Creative writing and publishing
- Cultural and historic preservation
- Early childhood education
- Economics (B.A.)
- Economics (B.S.)
- Elementary education
- Elementary and special education
- Engineering 3+2 (chemistry track)
- English communications
- English literature
- English literature and secondary education
- Environmental studies
- Financial management
- Global business and economics
- Global studies
- Health care administration and management
- History (American)
- History (European)
- History and secondary education
- Mathematics and secondary education
- Music education
- Political science
- Religious and theological studies
- Social work
- Sociology and anthropology
- Studio art, ceramics concentration
- Studio art, graphic design concentration
- Studio art, illustration concentration
- Studio art, interactive media arts concentration
- Studio art, painting concentration
- Studio art, photography concentration
- Theatre arts
- World languages education (French)
- World languages education (Spanish)
- Undeclared (administration of justice track)
- Undeclared (biology track)
- Undeclared (business track)
- Undeclared (English communications track)
- Undeclared (psychology track)