Information for Graduate Students
- By March 11: Order Commencement regalia. Details are available below.
- By March 17: Complete the Commencement activities RSVP form online.
- Month of April: Pick up cap, gown and hood at the Salve Regina bookstore.
- Week of April 15: Commencement announcements are mailed to the address listed on the application to graduate.
- May 2: Final day to pay the graduation fee and settle any outstanding financial obligations.
- May 18: Graduate Commencement, McAuley Hall lawn. Assemble at 2 p.m. in Rodgers Recreation Center, procession begins at 2:30 p.m.
- May 18: Graduate reception, Ochre Court. Please proceed to Ochre Court following the Commencement ceremony.
- May 20: Baccalaureate Mass, Our Lady of Mercy Chapel. Assemble at 3:45 p.m. in the chapel, ceremony begins at 4 p.m.
Tickets and Announcements
Tickets are not required for admission to the graduate Commencement ceremony on Thursday, May 18. Each graduate will be issued four commemorative announcements. Additional announcements may be purchased from Jostens by calling (800) 854-7464 or online at jostens.com.
Graduation Fee and Financial Obligations
A graduation fee of $250 is charged. Even if you do not participate in Commencement activities, this fee must be paid to defray the cost of announcements, diplomas and diploma cases, mailings and activities. This fee is automatically billed to your account and must be paid to the Business Office before May 1.
In addition, all financial obligations to the University, including outstanding tuition, library fees, parking violations, etc., must be satisfied. The University will not issue your diploma or final transcripts until your account is settled. Please call the Business Office at (401) 341- 2900 to ensure your account is in good standing or to make payment arrangements.
Full academic regalia (including a cap) is required for the Commencement ceremony. During the ceremony, only University-recognized cords, stoles or pins may be worn on the outside of the gown.
Master's degree candidates must order a cap, tassel, gown and hood through the Salve Regina bookstore by March 11. Doctoral candidates may purchase regalia by calling the bookstore at (401) 847-9086 or rent regalia by calling the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies at (401) 341-2338. Regalia will be available for pickup from the Salve Regina bookstore in April. Questions about regalia should be directed to the bookstore at (401) 847-9086 or email@example.com.
During the Commencement ceremony, all graduates receive a diploma cover. Graduates will automatically receive their diploma via U.S. Postal Service at the address listed on the application to graduate.
Salve Regina faculty and staff look forward to welcoming you and your guests to a reception in Ochre Court on Thursday, May 18, immediately after the Commencement ceremony. Please verify your attendance on the Commencement activities RSVP form as indicated.