Nov. 10 - To the Salve Regina community: Resources for Thanksgiving break
Dear Salve Regina community,
We appreciate your continued commitment to ensuring the health and safety of our community throughout the fall semester. With Thanksgiving break quickly approaching, below please find some information and resources to keep in mind as you prepare to spend the long weekend with family and friends.
- Residence halls will close at 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 23 and reopen at noon Sunday, Nov. 28. Resident students will not have building access during the break. In addition, all dining locations on campus will be closed throughout Thanksgiving break.
- Travel heightens your risk of exposure to COVID-19 and, by extension, the spread of disease on campus. Remember to minimize your stops, delay your travel plans if you’re feeling sick and consider wearing your mask in indoor public settings.
- Salve Regina is not offering on-demand asymptomatic testing in advance of Thanksgiving break. To find external testing sites, visit covid.ri.gov/testing. Rapid testing is also offered through Matt’s Local Pharmacy, and home testing kits are widely available at retailers such as CVS and Walgreens.
- You do not need to obtain a negative test prior to returning to campus/Newport. However, please monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days after travel. If you develop symptoms, isolate away from others and get tested right away.
- Undergraduate students who are symptomatic should utilize the University’s testing program so that we can provide resources and track data. During business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday), call Health Services at (401) 341-2904 Ext. 3. During evenings and weekends, call Safety and Security at (401) 341-2325.
- If you test positive at an external site, you must notify the University so that contact tracing can be implemented immediately. Students should call Health Services at (401) 341-2904 Ext. 3 during business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday) or Safety and Security at (401) 341-2325 during evenings and weekends. Employees should call Human Resources at (401) 341-2137.
We are grateful for your hard work and dedication throughout these many months. Together, we have made Salve Regina a model for how to navigate a pandemic with grace. Let’s remain vigilant and continue to care for one another as we progress through the remaining weeks of fall.