Mercy in Motion Student Leadership Team
Mercy in Motion is campus ministry's student leadership team. The Mercy in Motion leadership team is charged with being an inviting, helpful and welcoming presence on the Salve Regina campus. In addition, the team hosts social events, dinner discussions, spiritual enrichment and community service for all Salve Regina students. Mercy in Motion events are held at 6 p.m. on Wednesdays during the academic year.
Leaders Formed by Mercy
Members of Mercy in Motion have the opportunity to develop skills that the world needs today through regular formation in hospitality, teamwork, reaching out to the community and engaging the needs of others. Mercy in Motion team members work with the Mercy Center staff to design programs for the Salve Regina campus that range from community building parties to discussions on social justice issues and how we can respond with mercy in the world.
- Current undergraduate (first-year, sophomore or junior) at Salve Regina
- Good conduct standing
- Multi-faith, multicultural outlook
- Ability to contribute to a team
- Supportive of the mission of Salve Regina and the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life
- Creative, joyful, outgoing and a hard worker
- Collaborate with the team by actively planning, leading and hosting the weekly Wednesday evening Mercy in Motion events
- Create a hospitable and welcoming environment both at the Mercy Center and on campus
- Be attentive to your personal spiritual and religious growth and understanding
- Communicate effectively and efficiently
- Participate in monthly team formations
- Team leadership training during the last week of August.
- Welcome Mass on Move-in Day.
- Mercy in Motion events: Weekly on Wednesday evenings from 6-7 p.m.