Wallace Hall

Wallace Hall, a Tudor Revival cottage completed in 1875, accommodates sophomore students. Designed by architect Frank Furness, the structure was served as the carriage house and stables, and later the gardener's cottage, for the Fairholme estate.

Distinguishing features include a massive arched entryway for horse-drawn rigs, stick-style wooden beams and cream-colored stucco surfaces. Salve Regina acquired the property, located on Ruggles Avenue, in 1991 and later named it for University benefactors David and Jean Wallace.

Just the Facts

    • Historic home/carriage house
    • Housing capacity: 52
    • Room options: Two singles, 11 doubles, eight triples and one quad
    • Amenities: Lounge on the first floor
    • Room and board

Building Type: Upperclassmen Housing