Salve Regina does not endorse a specific scholarship database, program or fundraising website and encourages each student to select the resource that best serves his/her financial needs.
Scholarships Offered by the Office of International Programs
Study abroad scholarships aim to diversify students who wish to participate in a semester abroad and the countries/regions where they choose to study. Students who are planning to study abroad for the first time and who hold a minimum GPA of 3.0 are eligible to apply for the following scholarships by submitting the application form and supporting materials to the Office of International Programs.
- Study Abroad Endowment Scholarship: General scholarship open to eligible semester study abroad students
- Brendan McKay Memorial Scholarship in International Studies (spring semester): General scholarship open to eligible semester study abroad students
- Jane Campbell Scholarship in Modern Languages: Open to eligible students who are declared language majors or minors
- Donaldson Trust Scholarship: Open to eligible students who elect to study abroad in Spanish-speaking countries
- API Study Abroad Scholarship: Open to eligible students who study abroad with an API program recognized by Salve Regina
- CIEE Study Abroad Scholarship: Open to eligible students who study abroad with a CIEE program recognized by Salve Regina
Scholarship funds are awarded on the basis of academic merit, financial need and students' demonstrated maturity as responsible members of the Salve Regina community. Eligible students may qualify to receive more than one scholarship, as selected by the international programs committee.
The application deadline for fall 2017 semester applicants is Friday, March 10.
- Freeman Awards for Study in Asia (Asia)
- Chinese Government Scholarship Program (China)
- New England-China Scholarship Program (China)
- DAAD Scholarship (Germany)
- Luneburg Work-Study Grant (Germany)
- Hellenic-American Scholarship (Greece)
- National Italian American Foundation Scholarship Program (Italy)
- Bridging Scholarships (Japan)
- Donaldson Trust Scholarship (Latin America and Spain)
- LIVFund Scholarship (Latin America)
- Massey University Scholarship (New Zealand)
- Education New Zealand Study Abroad Travel Awards (ENZTA) – New Zealand
- Generation Study Abroad New Zealand Universities Excellence Awards (NZUEA) – New Zealand
- University of Oslo Scholarship (Norway)
- Malmberg Scholarship for Study in Sweden (Sweden)
- Turkish Coalition of America (Turkey)
- The BUTEX Scholarship (United Kingdom)
- Elisha Mowry-Bridgham Award
General Study Abroad Scholarship Programs
- Ashley Foundation Scholarship - Provides qualified students scholarships of $500 to $1,500 for travel and study abroad, based on merit, personal qualities and/or financial needs.
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship Program - Provides awards for undergraduate students receiving federal Pell Grant funding to participate in study abroad programs worldwide. Scholarships also available for short-term program participants.
- Boren Awards for International Study - Provides undergraduate students with the resources and encouragement they need to acquire skills and experiences in areas of the world critical to the future security of our nation, in exchange for their commitment to seek work in the federal government.
- Diversity Abroad - Partners with international exchange organizations to provide scholarships for students who are underrepresented in study abroad, including people with disabilities.
- Foundation for Global Scholars - Serves undergraduate and graduate students pursuing academic and internship programs abroad.
- Fulbright Scholarships - A year abroad engaged in study/research or teaching English.
- Fund for Education Abroad - Provides scholarship opportunities for U.S. citizens or permanent residents studying abroad for at least four weeks in a high-quality, rigorous program.
- Global Studies Foundation Grant - Supports foreign language training and other academic studies abroad by providing supplemental funds for students already studying abroad under the auspices of an official study abroad program conducted by an accredited academic institution
- Rotary International - Sponsors several types of scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students as well as for qualified professionals pursuing vocational studies.
- Sally Whitcher Award - Supports responsible and meaningful travel through two $500 travel grants, awarded each semester to college students within our region who best demonstrate a commitment to educational and intercultural experiences in their travel plans.