Center for Student Development
The Center for Student Development facilitates student success and transformation by supporting and promoting integrative learning and a high-quality student experience. Grounded in academic, personal and holistic success, the center provides programs and services for all students, including the Class Dean program, a four-year comprehensive experience program, peer mentoring and transitional support for transfer students.
- Provides holistic guidance and mentoring to all undergraduate students.
- Develops and promotes innovative class experience programs and structures that support student transition and success.
- Supports the transition of transfer students new to the University.
- Supports and ensures student success and engagement.
- Helps to facilitate referrals from all members of the community, including students, faculty and staff.
Who We Are
Class deans – the advocates – are faculty members who serve as mentors and support student success. Class Deans move with students as they progress toward graduation. They are a source of inspiration and a resource to enhance students' learning and co-curricular experience.
Experience directors – the architects – serve as experts on a particular class year and help to develop a comprehensive class experience. They work to ensure that programs and structures at the University speak to the experiences and needs of all students.
Along with Center for Student Development staff, class deans and experience directors, First Year Transitions instructors play a large role in the support and success of the University's new students. All First Year Transitions/Transfer Transitions instructors are current Salve Regina faculty and staff.