Students may apply at any time throughout the year, as admission for graduate programs operates on a rolling basis. All prospective students are encouraged to contact the Office of Graduate Studies and Continuing Education as well as the program directors for more information.
Salve Regina evaluates the total application package. All applicants must:
- Possess an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a nationally accredited institution outside of the U.S. Documentation of degree equivalencies must be submitted by an agency authorized to do so.
- Have a cumulative GPA and an undergraduate record that reflects the ability to be successful in graduate studies.
- Provide a personal statement that demonstrates solid writing skills and motivation for graduate studies.
- Submit letters of recommendation that support the ability to engage in graduate studies.
- Unless waived, submit one of the following exams: MAT, GRE or GMAT.
Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance is based on each individual's course load. For this reason, loan eligibility is not calculated until the enrollment period begins. Each student has a budget based upon actual direct costs (tuition and fees). An estimated book allowance is also included.
Students who are taking courses on campus are eligible for a modest allowance for living expenses, depending on course load. Students taking only online and/or self-paced classes are not eligible for living expenses.
Credit hours cannot be used for more than one enrollment period, and classes that are repeated are not eligible for additional financial aid.
Tuition and Fees
The University and the Board of Trustees reserve the right to revise general or specific fees to reflect economic conditions. The following schedule of tuition and fees is effective for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Graduate Tuition and Fees
|Tuition per credit, master's degree program||$490||$510|
|Tuition per credit, Ph.D. program||$800||$825|
|Tuition per credit, DNP program||$775||$800|
|Doctoral dissertation mentoring per semester||$2,400||$2,475|
|Comprehensive exam fee||$250||$250|
|Proficiency exam fee||$250||$250|
|Late registration fee (two weeks prior to start of class)||$50||$50|
|Audit fee per credit||$200||$200|
|Transcript fee, per copy, processed within 5 business days||$5||$5|
|Transcript fee, per copy, processed within 48 hours||$10||$10|
|Transcript fee, per copy, processed within 24 hours||$25||$25|
Per-credit courses will be charged the tuition rate associated with the degree program the student is actively pursuing.
Lab/course fees: Fees applicable to specific courses and labs are detailed in the "course offerings" section of the current schedule of classes.