Service Scholarships for Seahawks offers outstanding students the opportunity to participate in a yearlong civic engagement and service program and to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to become active leaders.
Students in the program perform 150 hours of community service and complete leadership development training over the course of the academic year. In exchange for their service, students receive a stipend of $1,000.
Current students who are interested in Service Scholarships for Seahawks should contact the Office of Community Service at (401) 341-2440 or email@example.com. Applications for the 2015-2016 academic year will be accepted beginning in February.
- Students must perform 150 hours of community service between Sept. 15, 2014 and May 1, 2015.
- 100 hours must be completed at Norman Bird Sanctuary, Child & Family, Martin Luther King Center, or Looking Upwards
- 38 hours may be completed at any approved nonprofit organization.
- Students are required to attend eight meetings, which can be counted toward the required hours.
- Students must complete one four-hour group service project.
- Full-time undergraduate student in good academic standing.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Open to all freshmen, sophomores and juniors.
- Must complete the online application.
- Must sign the service and leadership contract.
- Must attend all eight required meetings.
- Must remain in good academic standing for both semesters.
- Students who transfer mid-semester will not be eligible for funding.
- Students may not be paid for their service hours.
- Students cannot use service hours as federal work-study hours or as an internship.
- Hours must be approved by the program director prior to completion.
- No extensions will be granted.