Even though we're miles apart, we can still come together in interactive and engaging ways. Offices across campus have planned regular activities and events to help you foster connections with your peers throughout the remote learning period.
Activities and Events
Follow these social media accounts for regular programming and activities, including bingo, trivia, meditation, yoga and more.
- Student Engagement: Instagram | Facebook
- Campus Activities Board: Instagram | Facebook
- Career Development: Instagram
- Center for Business Outreach: Instagram | Facebook
- Center for Student Development: Instagram
- Counseling Services: Instagram
- International Programs: Instagram
- Multicultural Programs: Instagram
- Sasha, Salve Regina's therapy dog: Instagram
- Wellness at Salve: Instagram
Check SALVEtoday daily throughout the remote learning period for engaging content focused on a variety of themes, including:
- Mercy Mondays: Featuring service updates and opportunities from the Center for Community Engagement and Service, prayers from the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life and a mercy-centered social media challenge from the Office of Student Engagement.
- Academic Tuesdays: Featuring regular updates from President Kelli J. Armstrong, faculty and student achievements and programming from the Pell Center for International Relations and Public Policy.
- Wellness Wednesdays: Featuring meditations, mental health tips and workouts from the Center for Student Development, Counseling Services and Athletics, along with prayers from the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life and highlights from SeahawkTalk.
- Salve Success: Featuring success stories from the Salve Regina family, including alumni and current students, along with tips for long-term success from the Office of Career Development.
- Fun Fridays: Featuring online activities, suggested books and movies and social media competitions, along with highlights from the Pell Center's Story in the Public Square programming.
Social Media Directory
Connect with student organizations, academic departments and administrative offices across campus through Salve Regina's social media directory. Interested in adding your organization's accounts to the directory? Email the Office of University Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Airing at 3 p.m. each weekday on the SalveAthletics YouTube channel, SeahawkTalk features conversation about Salve Regina's athletes, teams and coaches. Each of the University's 20 varsity sports have a weekly 15-minute slot for the nine-week run, which is hosted by longtime sports information director and current associate athletic director Ed Habershaw in his makeshift home studio.
Social distancing is important to limiting or slowing the spread of viruses and other infections, but you can still remain in contact and keep your members engaged.
WebEx access: If you would like access to WebEx for virtual meetings, email email@example.com with your organization name and the names of one or two officers from your organization who should have hosting permission.
Running remote elections: You are strongly encouraged to run elections via the "Elections" tab for your organization on Seahawk Connection. This is essential to creating a smooth transition for your organization for the fall semester. Candidates can complete application forms that require uploading a video, resume and other documents. FaceTime, Skype, Google Hangout or phone calls can be used to conduct interviews if necessary.
If you need assistance utilizing Seahawk Connection for your leadership transition or running elections remotely, contact the Office of Student Engagement at (401) 341-2915 or firstname.lastname@example.org.