Salve Regina does not endorse a specific scholarship database, program or fundraising website and encourages each student to select the resource that best serves his/her financial needs.
Scholarships Offered by the Office of International Programs
Study abroad scholarships aim to diversify students who wish to participate in a semester abroad and the countries/regions where they choose to study. Students who are planning to study abroad for the first time and who hold a minimum GPA of 3.0 are eligible to apply for the following scholarships:
- Salve Study Abroad Endowment Scholarship - General scholarship open to eligible semester study abroad students
- Jane Campbell Scholarship in Modern Languages - Open to eligible students who are declared language majors or minors
- Donaldson Trust Scholarship - Open to eligible students who elect to study abroad in Spanish-speaking countries
- API Study Abroad Scholarship - Open to eligible students who study abroad with a Salve Regina-recognized API program
- CIEE Study Abroad Scholarship - Open to eligible students who study abroad with a Salve Regina-recognized CIEE program
- Brendan McKay Scholarship in International Studies - General scholarship open to eligible spring semester study abroad students with a 2.7 GPA or higher and a passion for outreach and community service in the global community
Scholarship funds are awarded on the basis of academic merit, financial need, students' demonstrated maturity as responsible members of the Salve Regina community and information included with their completed scholarship applications. Eligible students may qualify to receive more than one scholarship, as selected by the international programs committee. Please note: Not all scholarships are available every semester.
Scholarship applications will be available in each student's ViaTRM traveler profile once he/she has been approved and is committed to a study abroad program.
- Freeman Awards for Study in Asia (Asia)
- Study in Australia (Australia)
- New England-China Scholarship Program (China)
- DAAD Scholarship (Germany)
- Hellenic-American Scholarship (Greece)
- Go Overseas Scholarships (Ireland, New Zealand and Scotland)
- Bridging Scholarships (Japan)
- Education New Zealand and Generation Study Abroad Excellence and Travel Awards (New Zealand)
- BUTEX Scholarship (United Kingdom)
General Study Abroad Scholarship Programs
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship Program - Provides awards for undergraduate students receiving federal Pell Grant funding to participate in study abroad programs worldwide. Scholarships also available for short-term program participants.
- Boren Awards for International Study - Provides undergraduate students with the resources and encouragement they need to acquire skills and experiences in areas of the world critical to the future security of our nation, in exchange for their commitment to seek work in the federal government.
- Critical Language Scholarship - Sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, this overseas language and cultural immersion program for American students enrolled at U.S. colleges and universities includes intensive language instruction and structured cultural enrichment experiences designed to promote rapid language gains.
- Diversity Abroad - Partners with international exchange organizations to provide scholarships for students who are underrepresented in study abroad, including people with disabilities.
- Fulbright Scholarships - A year abroad engaged in study/research or teaching English.
- Fund for Education Abroad - Provides scholarship opportunities for U.S. citizens or permanent residents studying abroad for at least four weeks in a high-quality, rigorous program.
- Rotary International - Sponsors several types of scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students as well as for qualified professionals pursuing vocational studies.
- Scott's Cheap Flights Scholarship - Open to any citizen and/or resident of the United States (and its territories and possessions) enrolled full-time at an accredited institution of higher learning.