Please refer to the recognized programs booklet when completing your application. General program information is available through the Office of International Programs (OIP) and this website. Specific questions about course content may be addressed to the exchange institutions or program providers.
All students are encouraged to apply. The OIP will determine if there is a need to consider the conditional acceptance process if you do not meet one of the requirements listed below. Contact the OIP with any questions or concerns. Please note: All eligibility requirements remain in effect until the time of program departure.
- Minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA.
- Office of Student Affairs review of student conduct records. You must be in good disciplinary standing at the time of application to be fully accepted. Students with minor disciplinary infractions on record may be conditionally accepted at the discretion of the director of international programs.
- Availability of academic credits to fulfill your degree requirements. Applicants must have a declared major and be of junior standing or have departmental permission.
The Office of International Programs is currently updating the application process and system for Salve study abroad students. The OIP will contact all students who have previously indicated an interest in studying abroad during the Spring 2020 semester once the new application system is available.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once all application materials are received, you will receive an email from OIP with your acceptance, next steps and required post-acceptance forms and materials. If you fail to submit the required forms, you may forfeit your acceptance. Please do not apply directly to the program/university until you have been approved to study abroad by the Salve OIP.
- You must be in good financial standing with the University and you are required to pay Salve Regina tuition and a $600 study abroad fee. The study abroad fee is waived for students attending a recognized Salve Regina exchange institution. Refer to the University’s home school tuition policy for details.
- You will be billed directly by the overseas institution or program provider for relevant room and board fees. Additional costs vary by program and/or cost of living in your study abroad location. Please refer to your study abroad budget sheet for further details.
- The participation agreement for parents/legal guardians will be emailed or mailed to your primary emergency contact. This will need to be signed and returned to the OIP.
- The OIP will purchase supplemental international travel insurance for all accepted students. You will receive information about the policy and proof of coverage at pre-departure orientation.
- Check your salve.edu email account frequently. You will begin receiving emails from the OIP about important pre-departure meetings and student visa workshops. Program-specific information will be sent by your overseas institutional contact.