Please refer to your ViaTRM account when completing your application. General program information is available through the Office of International Programs (OIP) and this website. Specific questions about course content may be addressed to the exchange institutions or program providers.
All students are encouraged to apply. The OIP will determine if there is a need to consider the conditional acceptance process if you do not meet one of the requirements listed below. Contact the OIP with any questions or concerns. Please note: All eligibility requirements remain in effect until the time of program departure.
- Minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA.
- Office of Student Affairs review of student conduct records. You must be in good disciplinary standing at the time of application to be fully accepted. Students with minor disciplinary infractions on record may be conditionally accepted at the discretion of the director of international programs.
- Availability of academic credits to fulfill your degree requirements. Applicants must have a declared major and have at least second-semester sophomore standing.
How to Apply
- Visit the ViaTRM login page and create an account using your salve.edu email address. If you already have an account, log in and skip to step 5.
- Complete the initial intake questions.
- Click "Cancel" in the top right corner of the question about program match.
- Click "Profile" in the top left corner.
- Go to the "Traveler Info" tab, fill it out completely and save. This will make the application process easier and ensure all relevant information is entered. It is very important to complete this step prior to starting an application.
- Click on "Programs" in the top left corner. If you know what program you want to apply for, you can look it up in the search bar. If you don’t know what program you want to apply for and want suggestions, click on "Program Match Tool" under "Too Many Options" in the top left corner.
- Once you are ready to apply, go into the program and select the term you are applying for to complete the application.
For more information, email email@example.com.
Once all application materials have been received and reviewed, you will receive an email from ViaTRM regarding your status change and an email from the OIP with your next steps. If you fail to submit the required forms, you may forfeit your acceptance. Please do not apply directly to the program/university until you have been approved to study abroad by the OIP.
- If you are approved, you will need to log back in and "commit" to your program, at which time you will receive further access to the portal to complete your pre-departure forms and documents.
- If you are conditionally approved or denied, the OIP will be in touch with next steps.
- You must be in good financial standing with the University. You are required to pay Salve Regina tuition and a $650 study abroad fee. This fee is waived for students attending a recognized Salve Regina exchange institution. Refer to the University’s home school tuition policy for details.
- You will be billed directly by the overseas institution or program provider for relevant room and board fees. Additional costs vary by program and/or cost of living in your study abroad location. Please refer to your study abroad budget sheet for further details.
- The participation agreement for parents/legal guardians will be emailed or mailed to your primary emergency contact. This must be signed and returned to the OIP.
- The OIP will purchase supplemental international medical insurance for all accepted students. You will receive information about the policy and proof of coverage at pre-departure orientation.
- Check your salve.edu email account and ViaTRM account frequently. You will begin receiving messages from the OIP about important pre-departure meetings and student visa workshops. Program-specific information will be sent by your overseas institutional contact.