Sept. 2 - To returning students: Important reminders for returning students
Dear returning students,
We are looking forward to your arrival for the fall semester. As a reminder, all students must complete the onboarding process outlined below prior to attending in-person classes and/or moving in to their campus residences. Please review this message carefully and continue to check your Salve Regina email regularly for the latest updates.
Move-In for Resident Students
Returning resident students will move in Sunday, Sept. 5 and Monday, Sept. 6. Your arrival date and time are available in your My Housing account. You must arrive within your designated time slot, so if you haven’t registered for move-in yet, please do so as soon as possible.
When you arrive on campus, please proceed directly to your assigned residence hall. Upon parking, you will head to Rodgers Recreation Center to complete the onboarding process. You will then return to your residence hall and continue the move-in process with Residence Life staff. Families will not be able to proceed with move-in until students have completed the onboarding process.
Two family members from the same household may accompany each student during move-in. A negative COVID-19 test is not required for family members who are assisting with move-in. Given the rise in local transmission rates, individuals will be asked to wear a mask indoors regardless of their vaccination status, consistent with current University policy.
Questions? Contact the Office of Residence Life at (401) 341-2210 or email@example.com.
Onboarding Process for All Students
All returning students must complete the onboarding process outlined below.
- Resident students will complete the onboarding process on their move-in day.
- Off-campus students and commuter students must check in at Rodgers Recreation Center between 10:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 7 or between 8 a.m. and noon on Wednesday, Sept. 8 to complete the onboarding process.
Please arrive with all requirements completed. Students with incomplete requirements may be turned away until records are complete.
- Verification of a negative COVID-19 test administered within the three days prior to onboarding, or documentation of a positive COVID-19 test within the past 90 days. To find testing sites in Rhode Island, visit covid.ri.gov/testing. Rapid testing is also available locally through Matt’s Local Pharmacy.
- Verification of your vaccination status. You must have your vaccine record uploaded to the student health portal or an exemption on file. If you have an approved exemption, you will be tested a second time as part of the onboarding process.
- Ensure that you have signed the Salve Regina University Pledge for the Protection of our Community.
Once all requirements have been verified, your Salve Regina ID will be reactivated and you will receive a sticker indicating that you are cleared to attend in-person classes.
Access to Academic Buildings
All academic buildings will be monitored by staff and faculty volunteers during the first three days of classes (Wednesday, Sept. 8 through Friday, Sept. 10). Students who have not completed the onboarding process outlined above will be unable to access academic buildings until all requirements have been verified.
The bookstore will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 5 through Tuesday, Sept. 7 for browsing and shopping. If you ordered textbooks online and had them shipped to the bookstore, they will be available for pickup on any of these dates. To order textbooks online or to see regular bookstore hours, visit salveshop.com.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be available daily in the Miley dining hall. In addition, Miley Mart/Starbucks will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5-10 p.m. daily. Regular hours of operation will resume when the fall semester begins.
Emergency Contact Information
Please submit or update emergency contact and missing persons information as soon as possible. The information you provide will allow us to contact the individual(s) you designate if you experience a major health or safety issue, or if you are determined to be missing as required by the Higher Education Opportunity Act.
You should also ensure that your user profile in My Salve is up to date and includes your cell phone number and local address (if you live off campus).
As always, you are encouraged to submit general comments, questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.