Back to Salve: Resources for returning to campus during the coronavirus pandemic. Read more >>

Salve Header Audience Menu

Salve Header Icon Menu

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ for New Students

Can I request a roommate?

Roommates can be requested, but in order for requests to be granted students must request each other on the housing application. All requests must be made by July 1.

If I have a medical condition, can I request to be placed in specific housing?

Students who need housing accommodations must request them through the Office of Disability Services by July 1.

After I receive my housing assignment, can I have a tour of my room?

Unfortunately, residence halls are unavailable over the summer due to conference housing or maintenance and repair projects. We are happy to answer questions about your room - please call our office at (401) 341-2210.

If I am not satisfied with my room, can I change my housing assignment?

If you would like to change your housing assignment before the academic year begins, you can contact our office and be placed on a waitlist to be moved. However, we strongly encourage all students to arrive on campus and experience living in their residence hall before deciding to make any changes.

Are first-year students allowed to have cars on campus?

First-year students are not permitted to have cars on campus. Special accommodation requests must be made through the Office of Safety and Security.

What forms of security are found in and around the residence halls?

All residence halls are locked 24/7, and students gain access using their student ID. Campus security is available 24/7 by calling (401) 341-2325, and officers can be seen around campus in marked security vehicles. The Office of Safety and Security is located in Tobin Hall.

What is the guest policy?

Guests are allowed on campus per the stipulations of Salve Regina's guest policy, which is outlined in detail in the student handbook. Students are responsible for the behavior of their guests, for damage caused by their guests, and for informing guests of hall policies. Overnight guests are not allowed without advance notification of all students living in the room/apartment in which they are staying.

Does the University supply cleaning supplies and toilet paper? Who cleans the bathroom?

Our housekeeping staff provides toilet paper, but not cleaning supplies. In Reefe Hall, residents are responsible for cleaning their own bathrooms. In Walgreen Hall, the suite bathrooms are cleaned weekly by housekeeping. Miley Hall community bathrooms are cleaned daily by housekeeping.

How can we decorate?

We encourage you to decorate your room with posters/pictures that make your room your home. However, please do not use nails, tacks, or duct tape. Any damage made to the walls will be billed to the residents of that room.

What items are considered a fire safety hazard?

A comprehensive list of items considered to be fire safety hazards are listed in the student handbook. Items deemed a fire safety hazard will be confiscated by the area coordinator and held until the resident returns home.