For First-Year Students
Orientation is designed to acclimate and transition first-year students and their families to the University, expose new students to the broad educational opportunities at Salve Regina and integrate new students and their families into campus life.
Details for First-Year Students
For all June sessions, check-in will begin at 10 a.m. in the Rodgers Recreation Center. For those attending in January or September, please be advised that these are one-day sessions beginning at 8:30 a.m. in the O'Hare Academic Building.
June Sessions: Day 1
- Check-in, services fair and lunch
- Opening prayer, welcome and mission
- Small group activities
- Life in the Salve community
- Breakout sessions
- Evening activities with small group
- Comedy show
- Orientation bingo
June Sessions: Day 2
- Mercy Center for Spiritual Life presentation
- The academic experience and services
- Academic advising
- Student ID photos
- Beginning college survey and student engagement
- Matriculation ceremony and slideshow
Orientation will end at approximately 1:30 p.m. on day 2. Campus offices are open until 4:30 p.m. If you have additional business to take care of, please do so after check-out.
January and September Sessions
- Welcome and opening prayer
- The academic experience and student services
- Small group activities, campus tour and ID photos
- Language placement, advising and registration
- Lunch and services fair
Students will stay overnight in the residence halls during their Orientation session. It is important to note that Salve Regina student conduct policies are in effect during Orientation. Students found in violation of these policies will be subject to disciplinary action. Alcohol and drugs are strictly prohibited.
The University will provide linens in the residence halls, but be sure to pack the following:
- Casual clothes and comfortable shoes
- A sweatshirt or jacket because nights by the ocean are unpredictable
- Alarm clock
- Small fan if the weather is warm
- Reusable water bottle
- Sneakers and workout clothes if you wish to use the gym
You are encouraged to submit your completed health forms to Health Services during Orientation. The deadline to submit health forms is July 1. Students who do not submit a completed health record will be unable to register for spring courses until the form is received.
Prior to your Orientation session, you will be pre-registered for at least three courses for the fall semester. During your Orientation session, you will work with academic advisors to register for the remainder of your fall courses.
Show your Salve pride by connecting with us on social media. Join the Class of 2023 Facebook page to meet members of your class and discover all that’s happening on campus.