Dear Salve Regina students,
Effective immediately, Gov. Gina Raimondo has reduced the social gathering limit in Rhode Island from 15 to 10. She has also announced that state police will be tripling their enforcement this weekend, and that anyone found at a gathering of more than 10 people could face a $500 fine.
Like most other states, Rhode Island is seeing a troubling increase in coronavirus cases, hospitalization and deaths, and Salve Regina’s case counts are also trending in the wrong direction. Gov. Raimondo has warned that if we continue on this trajectory, further restrictions are imminent. Now is the time to take precautions for the safety of your classmates and community.
As a reminder:
- No social gatherings in excess of 10 people. Newport police will be vigilant in their enforcement and will report any violations to the Dean of Students Office.
- Keep your social bubble to a small, consistent group.
- Wear your mask whenever you may have contact with another individual. Many of you are not wearing masks in the presence of others.
- Non-Salve Regina guests are not allowed in our residence halls at any time, and room occupancy is limited to double the room residency.
- Do not visit friends at other schools and do not travel unless absolutely necessary.
All code of conduct violations will initiate the formal conduct process by the Dean of Students Office, and sanctions may include dismissal, suspension, removal from campus housing or a requirement to complete classes remotely.