March 8 - To students: Testing requirements for spring break
Dear Salve Regina students,
To ensure a safer return to campus after spring break, all students will be required to have a negative COVID-19 test prior to returning to campus and/or attending in-person classes regardless of their vaccination status.
You must be tested within the three days prior to your return to campus. This applies to resident students, off-campus/commuter students and graduate students.
There will not be an onboarding process after spring break.
- If you test positive, email a photo of your positive result to Health Services at firstname.lastname@example.org and remain away from campus for the period of your isolation.
- If you test negative, you may return directly to your residence. You are not required to report a negative result.
Acceptable tests include PCR or rapid tests, including at-home tests.
- A limited supply of at-home tests will be available on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 11 a.m. tomorrow.
- You may pick up tests in the Office of Student Affairs in Miley Hall, Room 118 during business hours (while supplies last).
- Tests will also be available in the O'Hare Academic Building's second-floor lobby from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. tomorrow as part of the Wellness Wednesdays series.
To find a testing site near you, visit the Department of Health and Human Services website. Additional options include PCR tests from companies such as Let's Get Checked, which provide at-home testing kits to return via overnight shipping. If you plan to use this service, please order your kit now, but be sure to swab and send it no sooner than three days before you return to campus.