May 8 - To resident students: Update regarding move-out process
Dear resident students,
We hope this email finds you and your loved ones well. As the spring semester comes to a close, we would like to outline the procedures for anyone who still needs to retrieve belongings from the residence halls. The following procedures have been carefully designed to abide by social distancing and to limit the number of students and family members on campus during any one time period. Please read the message in its entirety.
- Move out dates will be Monday, May 11 through Sunday, May 31. You can register for a date and time in MyHousing between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Time slots each day will be 9 a.m. to noon, noon to 3 p.m. and 3-6 p.m.
- Due to the planning involved we will not be accepting same day sign ups.
- Each time slot will be limited to 25 students for the entire campus. You will receive an approval email for the time that you have chosen. If many students from the same building request the same time slot, then the last students who selected the time may be denied and asked to choose another date or time.
- Please select one helper if possible in order to limit the number of individuals coming to campus.
- Approved students and helpers will be asked to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms and/or possibly coming in contact with someone who may have COVID-19. If you answer yes to these questions, we will ask that you postpone moving out and you contact the Office of Residence Life for assistance. The screening questions will be included in your approval email.
- Students and helpers will be required to wear a cloth face covering while in the campus buildings.
- For those who have keys for their room or building, please return them to the express check out box located at the entrance to Safety and Security at Tobin Hall.
- If you have already picked up your belongings please email email@example.com so that your status can be changed.
In order to present you with as many options as possible, Salve Regina has also partnered with On Demand Storage to pack up and either store or ship your belongings home. This option may work best for those who reside a great distance from the University or anyone who would prefer not to travel at this time. If you are interested in this program, visit On Demand Storage Link. If you choose this option, you will work with On Demand Storage to have your belongings packed on June 3 or 4. If you choose the storage option, you will receive your items at the opening of the fall semester. If you choose the shipment option, you will receive your items via FedEx.
Important note for those traveling out of state license plates: R.I. state police have set up a COVID-19 information area before the bridges onto Aquidneck Island. Anyone driving a vehicle with out of state license plates are required to pull off and speak to the officers. Upon notifying them that you have arrived to move out belongings from your room you will be allowed to pass through. The purpose of this screening is to ensure that anyone who is arriving with plans to stay long term on the island would know that they would be required to quarantine for 14 days. We have disclosed this information so you know you have nothing to worry about, but if you do not stop at the screening location then individuals may be subject to a fine.
Message from the Salve Regina bookstore: The bookstore will be open during most of the scheduled appointments to process textbook rental returns when students come to empty their residence hall room. We ask that you take this opportunity to return any books that may still be in your room as well as books that you have been using at home. We ask that you bring your books home and ship them to us using the free shipping label if we are closed. Access to free shipping labels are available in the reminder emails that are sent to each student who rents. Please call the bookstore at (401) 847-9086 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.