May 3 - To the Class of 2022: Commencement reminders and updates
Dear Class of 2022,
Congratulations on your upcoming Commencement. Just a few reminders for you and your families as you prepare to celebrate your achievements in the days ahead. We look forward to sharing this special time with you, and we want to ensure that everyone can do so in a manner that is comfortable for all.
Policies and Expectations
As previously communicated, the current COVID-19 community level for Newport County is medium. At this level, those who are at high risk for severe illness should speak with their health care provider regarding mask-wearing and other safety precautions, and anyone experiencing symptoms should get tested for COVID-19.
Together, our spirit and strength as a mercy community have carried us through the darkest times of the pandemic. As we join in celebration of the Class of 2022, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- If you are a close contact, we expect you to mask and get tested. At-home tests for students are still available for free in the Office of Student Affairs (Miley 118). Please remember to notify Health Services if you test positive.
- If you are symptomatic, we expect you to get tested. Rapid PCR tests for symptomatic students are available from Health Services through Friday, May 6.
- If you test positive, we expect you won’t participate in the ceremonies, nor attend as a guest.
Masks are only required for those who are close contacts of a positive case, or symptomatic with a negative test. Salve Regina does welcome and encourage mask use and will have masks available at the entrance to all Commencement ceremonies and Baccalaureate Mass for those wishing to wear one. We ask everyone to please respect the choices that individuals make about their own masking.
The Commencement tent will be structured to accommodate air flow. The oceanside location can be cold this time of year, so please dress accordingly.
Ceremonies will be livestreamed, with the link available on the Commencement website. The link is not active at this moment but will be easily recognizable on the day of the ceremony. Information on connecting to Salve Regina's Wi-Fi network will also be available during Commencement ceremonies.
Please note that Baccalaureate Mass will be held indoors in Our Lady of Mercy Chapel on Saturday, May 7. Graduates and guests are asked to arrive by 3:45 p.m. as the Mass will begin promptly at 4 p.m.
Check-In for Students
- Check-in for graduate students on Thursday, May 5 will be at the O’Hare Academic Building. Please check in at 2 p.m. and plan to assemble in Bazarsky Lecture Hall.
- Undergraduate students are asked to assemble by 8:15 a.m. on Sunday, May 8 at the Rodgers Recreation Center. All graduates are required to park in the Rodgers lot to allow for guest parking in other areas. Anyone arriving late will risk missing the procession from Rodgers to the Commencement tent beginning at 9:15 a.m.
The University has contracted with GradImages to provide professional photography during the ceremony. GradImages will contact you directly regarding photos of graduates with their diplomas, in the event you wish to purchase them.
Following the ceremony, families are allowed to take photographs on campus with a preference for outside locations. We ask that you keep a safe social distance from others while photographs are taken.
The University has several social media accounts. Please consider tagging us and using the hashtag #salve2022 so that we may continue to share in your celebration.