Dear off-campus residents,
We hope this message finds you all well and safe during these stressful times. Information is continually changing and we know the situation is confusing, but it continues to be our recommendation that all Salve Regina students return to their permanent residences through the end of the semester. Please do not return to your off-campus housing if you haven't done so already.
We understand that circumstances may preclude some of you from remaining at your permanent residences during this time. Per order of Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo, if you have returned to Rhode Island in the past week, or are planning to return in the future, you must self-quarantine for 14 days.
For those who remain in their off-campus residences, we offer the following recommendations in the interest of being a good neighbor and protecting the health and well-being of all in the community:
- Do not hold large gatherings at your apartment - CDC guidance is no more than 10 people.
- Remember your neighbors are likely social distancing at home as well. Keep music/noise at a respectable level.
- If you are not feeling well, stay home.
- If you are in need of health care, please call Health Services at (401) 341-2904 to schedule an appointment. Do not walk in.
- As the University has scaled back facilities and staffing during this time, please contact a staff or faculty member regarding remote meeting options.
- Check cityofnewport.com regularly for updates regarding coronavirus in the community.
Here are some additional resources:
- Stop & Shop remains open with modified hours of 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Please note that Stop & Shop is open for customers aged 60 and over from 6-7:30 a.m.
- Although restaurants are currently not open for dine-in service, some are offering takeout or delivery options. View a list of dining options.
- Get out and get some exercise while keeping your social distance. View a list of hiking options.
- Are you a fan of newportFILM? Netflix is currently streaming 15 of their documentaries. Learn more.
You are all in our thoughts and prayers and we are here to assist you with any questions or concerns. Please don't hesitate to contact us at (401) 341-2145 or email@example.com.