March 11 - To undergraduate students: Reminders for Saint Patrick's Day
Dear Salve Regina students,
As we approach Saint Patrick’s Day, please consider your behavior in the upcoming evenings and weekend. In the past, some students have viewed this weekend as a time when the rules don’t apply, a time to cut loose, act irresponsibly and make high-risk choices around alcohol. Vandalism, injuries and off-campus arrests have tarnished past celebrations. These decisions can have unintended and lasting consequences on your time at Salve Regina and on your future.
We are still in the midst of a global pandemic. As a reminder, the social gathering limit in Rhode Island is two households for indoor gatherings and three households for outdoor gatherings. Your household is defined as the people you live with. If you live in a multi-unit building, your household is your apartment, not the entire building.
Hosting or attending a social gathering that violates these limits also violates the COVID-19 addendum to our student code of conduct and will result in formal disciplinary action. Sanctions may include a requirement to complete classes remotely, suspension or dismissal from the University. Even if you are in a small group, alcohol can make you lazy about following health guidelines. Remember to wear your mask, stay six feet apart, don’t share drinks and use hand sanitizer.
You should be extra careful about your health during this time. If you choose to drink alcohol, do not overindulge and make sure your friends get home safely. Keep an eye out for each other. There is a much-needed spirit of community during this time of year, so please keep yourself and others safe.
We encourage you to participate in the myriad events happening on campus this week. Mark your calendar for the following events:
- Spring Week and St. Patrick’s Day T-shirts – 1-5 p.m. Thursday, March 11, Gerety Hall lawn
- Stagefright improv show – 7 p.m. Sunday, March 14, Bazarsky Lecture Hall and via Webex
- Saint Patrick’s Day celebration with T-shirts, necklaces, food and crafts – 4-7 p.m. Wednesday, March 17, Gerety Hall
- WaffleGreen – 5:30-6:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 17, Mercy Center for Spiritual Life
- Mashed potato bar – 8-10 p.m. Wednesday, March 17, Gerety Hall
- Sweet B’s doughnuts and alcohol screening day – Noon to 4 p.m. Thursday, March 18, Gerety Hall lawn