Coastline EAP offers managers and supervisors a monthly newsletter that relates to the unique concerns of employees in a supervisory position. Coastline also offers a 30-minute webinar that orients managers and supervisors to the EAP objectives, which include:
- How an EAP assists and supports supervisors in dealing with troubled employees effectively in accordance with sound labor practices
- Effective techniques for evaluation and documentation of performance problems
- How to identify troubled employees based solely on job performance
- Referral procedure for supervisors
- The role of Coastline EAP in ongoing case management
- Why supervisors are key in motivating employees to seek help for problems that interfere with performance
To view this webinar, log in to Coastline EAP using "Salve Regina" as the company name, choose "Webinars" from the top menu and select the webinar.
Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
Salve Regina is a member of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium, which includes more than 700 colleges, universities and organizations committed to hiring the most diverse and talented faculty, staff and executives.
The consortium has developed leading regional and national higher education jobs websites, diverse job seeker pools and a network of colleagues who collaborate on dual-career hiring issues and convene regularly for professional development opportunities.
Salve Regina employees may participate in the consortium's monthly professional development webinars with thought-leaders addressing important recruitment and retention topics, with an emphasis on diversity. Webinars are free for all faculty and staff.
EduRisk by United Educators
EduRisk provides hundreds of resources that address the most pressing issues for educational institutions, including those designed specifically for supervisors. Online courses, webinars, checklists, blogs and downloadable publications address the following key areas related to supervising others:
- Preventing workplace harassment
- Avoiding supervisory pitfalls
- Legal literacy for supervisors
- Employment law essentials
- Protecting minors on campus
- Layoff and cost-saving measures
- Reducing retaliation claims
- Accommodating religious beliefs
- Addressing workplace bullying
Employees who have completed the required training through United Educators will have access to these resources using their login credentials. To locate supervisor resources, enter “Supervisor” in the search bar on the homepage. If you are unable to log in or would like to gain access, contact Nancy Escher at (401) 341-2157 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rhode Island Higher Education Training Consortium
Through Salve Regina’s membership in the Rhode Island Higher Education Training Consortium, all employees have access to low-cost, workshop-style professional development opportunities facilitated by subject matter experts.
Workshops designed specifically for supervisors are typically offered each semester. Supervisors can attend events for their own professional development or encourage staff to attend as part of their development plan established through the performance management process.