As a higher education institution, Salve Regina endeavors to provide resources and an environment that supports employees' development and growth. Employees are encouraged to pursue learning opportunities that support their success, helping them to achieve the expectations and goals developed through the performance management process.
These opportunities may promote success in many ways, including:
- Helping employees meet or exceed the basic competencies of their position.
- Acquiring knowledge related to University policies and procedures.
- Enabling employees to become more efficient and effective in one or many areas of responsibility.
- Preparing employees for additional or more challenging roles.
- Assisting employees with an area of underperformance.
- Learning a new skill that increases employees' value to their department and the University.
Resources specific to supervisors: There are many opportunities for supervisors to develop and enhance the skills and competencies needed to be a successful manager. The manager's toolkit contains resources on supporting and assisting employees, recruiting and hiring, legal literacy and employment law and professional development opportunities.