As an institution of higher education, Salve Regina endeavors to provide resources and support employees' development and growth. Employees are encouraged to pursue learning opportunities that support their success, helping them to achieve the expectations and goals developed through the performance management process.
These opportunities may promote success in many ways, including:
- Helping employees meet or exceed the basic competencies of their position.
- Acquiring knowledge related to University policies and procedures.
- Enabling employees to become more efficient and effective in one or many areas of responsibility.
- Preparing employees for additional or more challenging roles.
- Assisting employees with an area of underperformance.
- Learning a new skill that increases employees' value to their department and the University.