Handshake is the leading career network for college students in America. The system connects students across all 50 states with the wide variety of employers recruiting on Handshake - from Fortune 500 companies to local mom-and-pop shops, nonprofits, startups and more. Handshake is designed to ensure college students have the support they need to kick off a great career. Through Handshake, Salve students can search for full- and part-time job opportunities, internships and on-campus employment. Students can also receive personalized recommendations based on their interests, skills, major, location preferences and search history.
Through Handshake, students can:
- Make an appointment to meet with a career advisor
- Search and apply for student employment positions
- Search and apply for part-time and full-time jobs and internships
- Register for career-related events
- Connect with employers
Current undergraduate students are automatically provided with a Handshake account. For instructions on accessing your Handshake account, please see our student FAQ.
Graduate Students and Alumni Who Graduated Before May 2018
To learn more about creating an account in Handshake, see our graduate students and alumni FAQ.
Through Handshake, employers can:
- Post and manage job and internship listings
- Connect with Salve Regina students
- Narrow down potential hires to the best fit with advanced filtering options
- Request on-campus interviews, information sessions and other recruiting events
To learn more about creating an employer account and posting job and/or internship opportunities, see our employer FAQ.
For Faculty and Staff
Through Handshake, faculty and staff can:
- View job and internship opportunities that could be beneficial to their students
- Advise students throughout their job search and assist them in using the Office of Career Development's services and resources
- Post on-campus jobs and federal work-study opportunities for students
To learn more about viewing jobs and internships or posting on-campus jobs, see our faculty and staff FAQ.