Dear undergraduate students and families,
Thank you for your continued patience during this temporary pause to in-person learning as we work through the details to keep everyone safe. We are midway through, and we look forward to welcoming students back to campus classrooms on Tuesday, Feb. 16. If you chose to leave campus during our temporary pause, please find the required reentry testing procedures outlined below.
If you remained in your residence hall or off-campus residence throughout the pause, or if you are a commuter student, you do not need to participate in reentry testing. Please disregard the remainder of this message.
If you returned home at any time during the pause, including for the holiday weekend, please read this message carefully and in its entirety. As a reminder, you will not be allowed back on campus unless you submit a negative test administered within 72 hours of your return (test 1). This applies to both resident students and off-campus students, and there will be no exceptions. You will also be tested at Salve Regina (test 2) upon your return.
Test 1 – Administered Within 72 Hours of Your Return
You must be tested within 72 hours of your return to campus. The test must be a PCR or rapid test. Antibody tests will not be accepted.
- You must provide proof of your negative result when you are tested at Salve Regina on Monday, Feb. 15. Bring a paper copy or be prepared to show a digital copy on your phone.
- You must be tested even if you have already been vaccinated for COVID-19.
- If you test positive on test 1, email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be expected to isolate at your permanent residence for 10 days prior to returning to campus/Newport.
Test 2 – Administered at Salve Regina on Monday, Feb. 15
You will be tested at Salve Regina immediately upon return to campus/Newport. Reentry testing will be available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Feb. 15 in Rodgers Recreation Center.
- Resident students should register for testing through the “February Check-In” form in My Housing.
- Off-campus students should register for testing through this Eventbrite form.
Once you have submitted a negative result for test 1 and completed test 2, your Salve Regina ID will be reactivated and you may return to your residence hall or off-campus residence. Remember that our temporary pause remains in effect until 5 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 16.
If You Arrive Without a Negative Result From Test 1
If you arrive without a negative result from test 1, you will be tested by Salve Regina, however you will not be admitted back on campus and your ID will not be activated. At this point, you will have two options:
- You can secure a rapid (antigen) test within 72 hours of your return, either at your home or in Newport (please see list below). Please be aware that state-operated testing sites will be closed Feb. 15 in recognition of Presidents Day. Independent testing sites may be open.
- In extreme situations where you cannot secure a test prior to returning to campus, you must quarantine in a local hotel of your choosing and at your expense until the results of test 2 are received (typically 24-48 hours). You may not return to campus until you are cleared by the Office of Health Services.
If You Previously Tested Positive for COVID-19
If you tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 90 days, you do not need to participate in reentry testing. However, you must check in at Rodgers between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday, Feb. 15 to have your Salve Regina ID reactivated.
If you have not previously disclosed your positive test to the University, you must email documentation to email@example.com to be exempted from reentry testing.
Local Testing Sites
- Stop & Shop, 199 Connell Highway – PCR testing, available Monday through Saturday by appointment only
- Brown and Howard Wharf (off lower Thames Street) – Rapid testing, available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, no appointment necessary
- Edward King House, 35 King St. – Rapid testing, available from noon to 4 p.m. Thursday and Friday, no appointment necessary
- Community Baptist Church, 50 Dr. Marcus Wheatland Blvd. – Rapid testing, available from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, no appointment necessary
- Park Holm Senior Center, 1 Eisenhower St. – Rapid testing, available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, no appointment necessary
- Knights of Columbus, 7 Valley Road, Middletown – Rapid testing, available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, no appointment necessary
To schedule an appointment or locate additional testing sites, visit covid.ri.gov/testing.
We are very much looking forward to returning to in-person learning, and appreciate all of the hard work you have done as a Salve Regina community to make this possible.