Get your first passport or renew your old one during the Office of International Programs' passport day. Salve Regina students who register for the event will be entered into a raffle to have their passport paid for by the Office of International Programs (up to $150).
Participants should bring the required documentation listed below. All required forms will be available during the session, and a representative from the U.S. Postal Service will be on hand to make the process as quick and easy as possible.
Requirements for new passports
- Proof of U.S. citizenship, which includes one of the following: Previously issued, undamaged and fully valid U.S. passport; certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state; consular report of birth abroad or certification of birth; naturalization certificate; or certificate of citizenship.
- Proof of identification, which includes one of the following: Previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport; naturalization certificate; valid driver's license; current government ID (city, state or federal); or current military ID (military and dependents). Photocopies (front and back) are necessary.
- Form DS11. Copies will also be available at the event.
- Two personal checks or money orders (cash and credit cards are not accepted). One $110 check should be made payable to "U.S. Department of State" and one $35 check should be made payable to "U.S. Postal Service." Anyone needing expedited processing will need to pay additional fees.
- A photographer will be available for an additional $15 fee (paid to U.S. Postal Service via check).
Requirements for renewal passports
- First, make sure you are eligible to renew by mail. Check the guidelines.
- Don't forget to bring in your old passport. It will be mailed back to you once your new passport has been processed.
- Form DS82. Copies will also be available at the event.
- A personal check or money order (cash and credit cards are not accepted). The $110 check should be made payable to "U.S. Department of State."
- A photographer will be available for an additional $15 fee (paid to U.S. Postal Service via check), or you may take your own photo using these guidelines.
- Passport renewals will be mailed to the processing center. The Office of International Programs will provide envelopes and cover the cost of shipping for those who participate in the passport day.