Seniors majoring in English communications, literature and creative writing will give their thesis presentations via Zoom. Featured will be students’ examination and in-depth analysis of a variety of cultural topics drawn from popular contemporary novels, classic literature, television shows, movies, journalism, and social media, among others.
For Zoom links, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Today's presenters include:
- Alix Hughes: "Instagram and the Fashion Industry: Instagram Updates Transforming the Way Customers Purchase Items Online"
- Anna Cloherty: "Time to Roast: How Wendy's Uses Internet Humor and Memes on Twitter to Win Over Customers"
- Caidan Zhuoma: "How Tibetan Women Represent Themselves in the Contemporary World"
- Joseph Morelli: "A Hoppip, Skiploom and a Jumpluff to Stardom: How Pokémon Became the Most Successful Multimedia Franchise in Just 25 Years"
- Ashley Bunnell: "'Candid Camera': Understanding the Evolution of Men's Pranks"