Dec. 30 - To graduate students: Spring semester reminders
Dear graduate students,
We hope that you are taking some time for rest and relaxation, and that you safely enjoyed warm and cheerful Christmas celebrations in the company of family and friends.
As you know, we announced last week that we are delaying the start of the spring semester by one week, with all classes beginning Monday, Jan. 17. This includes courses that are fully online. If you haven’t already, please review the updated academic calendars on our website.
Today we are sharing some reminders about pre-semester testing and our booster requirement. Please carefully review the details below and continue to check your Salve Regina email regularly for the latest updates.
If you are taking in-person courses during the spring semester, you must be tested within the three days prior to attending your first class meeting. This includes students who are participating in the humanities residency or nursing colloquium.
- We will accept a PCR or antigen (rapid) test administered through a testing site. With a heavy demand for testing expected after the holidays, don't delay in scheduling your appointment. To find a testing site near you, visit the Department of Health and Human Services website.
- We will also accept PCR tests from Let's Get Checked, a company that provides at-home testing kits to return via overnight shipping. If you plan to use this service, please order your kit well in advance, but be sure to swab and return no sooner than three days before your first class meeting.
- Other at-home testing kits will not be accepted.
- Please email your negative result to the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies at email@example.com. If you have not submitted your negative test, you may not come to campus. You should communicate directly to your instructor that you are unable to attend class.
- If you tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 90 days, you do not need to participate in pre-arrival testing. However, you must email documentation of your positive result to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If You Test Positive
If you test positive for COVID-19 during pre-semester testing, please email documentation of your positive result to email@example.com and indicate when you are planning to start classes.
We are reviewing the latest CDC recommendations for isolation and quarantine periods and will provide additional guidance to the Salve Regina community prior to the start of the spring semester. Until then, students who have already returned to campus who test positive should adhere to our current guidelines. If you are symptomatic, isolate for 10 days from the date your symptoms first appeared and until your symptoms have improved. If you are asymptomatic, isolate for 10 days from the date of your test.
Boosters Required by March 1
Salve Regina will require a booster shot for all vaccinated students, faculty and staff by March 1, 2022. Approved medical and religious exemptions will remain in effect.
You must submit your booster record through the student health portal. In the "My Forms" menu at the top of the page, select and complete the "COVID booster form."
If you will not be eligible for a booster by March 1, please contact Health Services at (401) 341-2904 or firstname.lastname@example.org.