In collaboration with offices and departments across campus, the Dean of Students Office serves, supports and empowers students and other members of the Salve Regina community to promote student success. When contacting our office, students can expect to have an answer to their question, a solution to their problem, or an effective referral to the office or professional who can help.
Our office supports students in resolving educational, personal and other University concerns that affect the quality of their academic and community life. We have a strong commitment to fostering student development and help prepare our students for responsible lives.
The programs that are directly overseen by the Dean of Students Office include:
- CARE team
- Career Development
- Counseling Services
- Graduate students - medical leave of absence
- Health Services
- Leaves of absence
- Off-campus living
- Parent and family resources and education
- Residence Life
- Sexual assault awareness and bystander programs
- Student advocacy
- Student conduct for all students
- Student Engagement
- Wellness and prevention programs
Feel free to contact us at any time at (401) 341-2145 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are located in Miley Hall, Room 118.
EVERFI Health and Safety Education
Salve Regina offers EVERFI as part of its Orientation/First Year Transitions program. Through online courses about alcohol and drug misuse prevention, sexual assault prevention and building healthy relationships, EVERFI aims to increase knowledge, decrease harmful behaviors and provide information to help students make good decisions.
Tips to Access EVERFI
- You will need internet access and audio capabilities. The courses can be completed on a laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Courses are best supported by the latest versions of Chrome (preferred), Firefox and Safari.
- You may take the courses in multiple sittings. Please take your time while engaging with these research-backed courses. Do not log out until you hit the next button or you will have to repeat the section.
- The courses may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure your attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential. Salve Regina will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see your individual answers.
- Each course takes 45-60 minutes to complete. Make sure you take the courses well before the start of the fall semester.
- Should you experience problems within the course, EVERFI's technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the "Help" link within the course or through chat, or you can call (866) 384-9062.
Cannabis eCHECKUP TO GO
Cannabis eCHECKUP TO GO is a personalized and evidence-based online program available to Salve Regina students. The program is designed to educate and reduce cannabis use among college students by offering personalized information about student behavior and risk factors. This online tool is anonymous and requires no face to face contact.
When you access Cannabis ECHECKUP TO GO, you are prompted to enter information about yourself and your cannabis use habits. After all information is entered, Cannabis ECHECKUP TO GO calculates a number of variables and compares your responses to national and local college norms. Then your personalized feedback is displayed in an easy-to-read format.