Many students decide to continue their education by attending graduate school. An advanced degree doesn't just increase your earning power, it can help you expand your career and define your place in the job market. Additionally, graduate school allows you to focus your studies on the topics that interest you most, and learn more about your industry from peers who have worked in the field.
Determining what degree, program, school and location might provide the best experience for you can be a complicated process. This decision often requires careful consideration, and our career advisors are happy to assist you in discussing and formulating your graduate education plans. Schedule an appointment to meet with one of our advisors and check out the resources below. Current undergraduate students are automatically provided with a Handshake account. To access your account, log in with your Salve email address and password or through the portal.
- Salve offers a number of graduate and continuing education programs. Check out the Graduate Studies and Continuing Education page to learn more about Salve's programs and admission process.
- If you are considering attending graduate school outside of Salve, Peterson's Guide is a great place to begin exploring various programs across the country.
Many graduate programs require that you take an entrance exam in order to apply. The resources below provide information on registration, study tips and more:
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam)
- LSAT (Law School Admissions Test)
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
- MCAT (Medical College Admission Test)
- DAT (Dental Admission Test)
- OAT (Optometry Admission Test)
- MAT (Miller Analogies Test)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
Exam Preparation Programs
While the application process will vary for each program, many graduate school applications may require the following. Our career advisors are happy to provide you support throughout the application process. You can schedule an appointment through Handshake.
- Personal statement
- Letters of recommendation