Miley Dining Hall
Employees are welcome to visit the Miley dining hall for breakfast, which is served from 7-10 a.m. in the Miley dining hall. At lunchtime, faculty and staff may purchase food as take-out only. All food stations have to-go boxes available. Additional seating for faculty and staff is available in the lower level of Miley Hall.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to add money to their Salve Regina ID card and use it to pay for meals. This can be done through the Business Office or online in the portal. Cash and credit card payments will slow the lines at the cashier, while ID cards are set up with touch and go payment. Anyone using cash or credit card will have to provide contact tracing information to the cashier.
Returning to Work on Campus
Employees who have been working remotely will return to campus throughout the summer. Staff will return in stages between Monday, July 6 and Tuesday, Aug. 11, allowing a slow increase in density on campus. Return dates are specific to each office and employees will work with their supervisors to determine their ability to return on the date established.
One of Salve Regina’s primary goals is to protect the health, safety and well being of the campus community. The University has developed a multi-layered system of health and safety protocols and expects all employees to share the responsibility of adhering to these protocols to keep one another safe.
Three critical resources have been developed to ensure that all employees understand the expectations they must meet in order to safely work in their office locations and on campus in general. All employees are expected to review the documents and training video, and follow established guidance.
- General guide for returning to work on campus
- Workplace safety training video
- Return to work checklist, which gives guidance on what to do prior to returning to campus and requirements that must be followed while working on campus
Additional resources will be made available in the coming weeks. To assist in the development of a comprehensive FAQ for employees, please submit any questions you may have after reviewing the resources.
Resources for Supervisors
Supervisors should work closely with their directors and vice presidents to establish a return date that works best for their department.
Supervisors are responsible for organizing the return of their staff and ensuring that they are following the guidance for returning to work on campus. To assist in this effort, the following resources below have been developed specifically for supervisors:
- A work ability survey to identify staff with unique situations that affect their ability to return to work on campus. Supervisors should submit this questionnaire for all non-furloughed employees.
- A return to work checklist for supervisors, which gives guidance on what to do prior to your team members returning to campus and expectations while they are working on campus.
- Rhode Island Department of Health testing information
- Rhode Island Department of Health testing site locator
- CVS MinuteClinic testing information
- Centers for Disease Control: How to protect yourself and others
- Centers for Disease Control: What to do if you are sick
- Rhode Island Department of Health support services
- Coastline Employee Assistance Program
- CDC Masks Required Signs
- Salve Regina Have Mercy Wear a Mask Signs
- Salve Regina Hand Washing Signs
- COVID-19 Employee Fact Sheet