Aug. 17 - To returning resident students: Move-in information
We hope this email finds you and your loved ones well. As the fall semester approaches, we would like to outline the procedures for moving in to the residence halls. The following procedures have been carefully designed to abide by social distancing and to limit the number of students and family members on campus during any one time. Please read the message in its entirety.
As mentioned in previous updates, move-in dates for returner students who are not residing at the Marriott will be Sunday, Sept. 6 and Monday, Sept. 7. You can register for a date and time in MyHousing through 4 p.m. Monday, Aug. 24.
- Time blocks each day will be 9-11 a.m., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., 1-3 p.m. and 3-5 p.m.
- Time blocks will have a limit in order to ensure social distancing. You will receive an approval email for the time that you have chosen.
- To limit the number of individuals coming to campus, please select one or two people to assist if possible.
- Approved students and helpers will be asked to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms and/or possibly coming in contact with someone who may have COVID-19. If you answer yes to these questions, we will ask that you postpone moving in and you contact the Office of Residence Life for assistance. The screening questions will be included in your approval email.
- Students and those assisting will be required to wear a cloth face covering while inside campus buildings.
- On your move-in date, you will arrive on campus within your designated time slot and go directly to your assigned residence hall. After you are directed to a parking area, you will be directed to Rodgers Recreation Center to acquire your Salve Regina ID and complete the COVID-19 testing process.
- Once you have completed the testing process, you will be directed back to your residence hall, where you will check in with Residence Life staff and move your belongings into your room.
- Upon moving into their space, all students will be required to log in to MyHousing and complete their initial move-in room condition report.
Mail Services will be available for students to pick up mail and packages outside of McKillop Library at the receiving doors. The inside sales/pickup window will not be open for at least the month of September. Stamps and postage will not be available at this time.
Hours for package pick up: Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to noon and 1:30-4 pm. Students arriving early for quarantine, etc. will be able to pick up their packages any time during our regular hours.
Students mailing address:
Full First Name Last Name
100 Ochre Point Ave
Newport, RI 02840
The bookstore will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 6 and Monday, Sept. 7. We would also like to remind you that masks are required and there are limitations on the number of patrons allowed in the store at one time.
Dining Services Info:
Starbucks/Miley Mart will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5-11 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 6 and Monday, Sept. 7.
Please find below a few helpful links:
Information regarding Miley dining hall: salve.edu/current-students/miley-dining-experience
What to bring as well as prohibited items: salve.edu/residence-life/new-students/what-bring
Information regarding arriving to campus: salve.edu/back-to-salve
We look forward to your arrival on campus. These are unprecedented times, and Residence Life and other University offices are working diligently to prepare for your impending arrival.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or (401) 341-2210.
Office of Residence Life