Dear graduate students,
If you are taking in-person courses during the fall 2021 semester, you must complete two requirements related to Salve Regina’s mitigation plan for the pandemic:
- You must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or apply for a medical/religious exemption prior to the fall semester. Students who are not vaccinated or exempted will not have permission to access campus and may jeopardize their enrollment status.
- You must have a negative COVID-19 test within the three days prior to attending your first class meeting regardless of your vaccination status. This includes students who are participating in the nursing colloquium or humanities residency.
The vaccine requirement applies if you are taking in-person classes and/or need to access campus facilities during the academic year. Graduate and RN-BSN students who are fully online and have no need to access campus resources do not need to submit proof of vaccination.
To submit your vaccination record:
- Log in to the student health portal with your Salve Regina credentials.
- In the "My Forms" menu at the top of the page, select and complete the "COVID vaccination form." Please disregard all other health forms as these are intended for undergraduate students only.
Medical and Religious Exemptions
Health Services will assess applications for medical and religious exemptions on a case-by-case basis. Individuals with an approved exemption will be required to undergo regular surveillance testing and wear a mask whenever they are in public spaces on campus, including (but not limited to) classrooms and offices. The rate of testing will vary and will be tied to community transmission rates.
Your onboarding test must be administered within the three days prior to attending your first class meeting. The University will accept a PCR or antigen (rapid) test administered through a primary care office, retail pharmacy, respiratory clinic or state-run testing site. Antibody tests and home testing kits will not be accepted. To find a testing site near you, contact your health care provider or visit your state health department’s website.
Report Your Negative Result
- Please email your negative result to the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies at email@example.com.
- If you tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 90 days, you do not need to participate in onboarding testing. However, you must email documentation of your positive result to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If You Test Positive
If you test positive for COVID-19 during onboarding testing, you will be expected to isolate for 10 days prior to attending classes. Please email documentation of your positive result to email@example.com and indicate when you are planning to start classes. You should also contact your professor(s) to develop a plan for your coursework during the isolation period.
Salve Regina ID
Graduate students should carry their Salve Regina ID at all times while on campus. If you need to obtain an ID, please email a passport-like photo that meets these guidelines to firstname.lastname@example.org from your salve.edu address. The card office will not accept photos from personal email addresses. Your ID will be mailed to the address on file with the Office of the Registrar (please note that we cannot mail to P.O. boxes). If you have recently moved, please submit a change of address form to the Office of the Registrar.
Questions? Contact the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies at (401) 341-2338 or email@example.com.