April 8 - To rising sophomores: Room selection update
Dear resident student,
I hope this email finds you and your loved ones well. Know that we here in Residence Life are thinking of you, and are here to support you in your remote learning. We are looking forward to your return to campus in the fall semester.
Please review the following important information regarding sophomore room selection:
- Floor plans and information about the residence halls will become available soon.
- Room selection times will be viewable in MyHousing on April 21, 2020
Roommate matching will become available in MyHousing on April 9, 2020
- Students must fill an entire room in order to select a space, the roommate matching tool will be available prior to and during room selection in order to allow you to change group size for the spaces available in room selection.
Room selection will occur on the following dates starting at 9 a.m. and ending after the final selection time for the number of students in the process.
- Pell Wallace Hall room selection: Wednesday, April 29, 2020
- Male student general sophomore room selection: Thursday, April 30, 2020
- Female student general sophomore room selection: Monday, May 4, 2020
In the past when students have been on campus we have been able to offer open houses where students have been able to view rooms before selection. We will not be able to offer them this year given the remote environment. We are working to update the website to have floor plans for all buildings as well as information such as types of rooms in the various buildings that will be helpful in making your decision. While it will not mitigate the disappointment of not having an open house we wanted to let you know we are actively working on a plan to try take pictures of rooms during the summer after students have been able to move out belongings and the rooms have been cleaned in hopes of having a better catalogue of photos that could be used for a more virtual open house in future years.
Within the next two weeks you will be able to view PowerPoint tutorials in MyHousing related to how to match up with roommates and select a room.
Each day during the room selection process we will have staff available by phone to assist you in answering questions you might have as you pick your room.
Please know that we are working hard to put together everything for this room selection process and we will send you updates and new information becomes available. If you have any questions reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your Area Coordinator or Resident Advisor. We wish you well in your classes and hope that you and your families are staying healthy.
The Office of Residence Life